Diabetes exercise program
Exercise provides many significant health benefits to individuals living with diabetes. From increasing insulin sensitivity and decreasing glucose levels, to decreasing blood pressure, fatigue, depression and risk of heart disease, and increasing endurance, strength and flexibility. Our staff can help ensure safe exercise experiences by providing clear guidelines and monitoring before, during, and after each exercise session. By providing you with individualized attention and helping you set realistic goals, we can help you achieve better health.
Our program includes:
- individual consultation, including detailed exercise plan and fitness assessment.
- an 8-week premium gym membership, which includes full fitness center access and an exercise physiologist to monitor blood pressure, glucose and heart rate and to provide guidance and oversight during exercise sessions)
- post-program assessment with long-term exercise plan
- option to continue gym membership with discount
Our Diabetes Exercise Program cost is $245 (anyone currently enrolled in a Duke Diabetes Education Program receives an additional 10% discount). This cost is equivalent to $27- $30 per week, similar to one co-pay per week with unlimited exercise time. Monthly payment plan options are also available.
For out-of-town individuals, or those without the ability to commit to multiple weeks, we offer consult options to provide individualized, realistic and detailed exercise and/or nutrition plans based on current health status and short-term and long-term goals.
- a personalized and detailed exercise plan created with one of our exercise physiologists – $73 for 60 min. consultation
- a personalized and detailed nutrition plan created with our certified diabetes educator who is also a registered dietitian - processed through health insurance, plans vary.
We are passionate about what we do and have the expertise to help ensure your success! Our exercise physiologists have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in exercise science, as well as extensive experience working with individuals with diabetes who may be exercising for the first time or are experienced exercisers. In addition, the program is managed by a Certified Diabetes Educator who is also a registered dietitian.
Registration on-going and required prior to first visit. For more information, or to register, please see our brochure or contact Kara Mitchell MS, RDN/LDN, ACSM-RCEP, CDE at 919-660-6818 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.