You'll gain hands-on experience working with a medically diverse adult population in a fitness/wellness setting. This experience will enhance your clinical skills, including lifestyle counseling, exercise prescription, and exercise leadership.
You'll work with our staff, which includes exercise physiologists, registered dietitians, and massage therapists. Your experiences will be tailored to your areas of interest and can include many additional options.
Basic Internship Experiences
- Creating exercise prescriptions
- Monitoring high-risk individuals with exercise
- Training for group exercise instruction
- Enhancing clinical skills, including triage of symptoms
- Evaluating rest and exercise heart rates and blood pressures, blood glucose, oxygen levels, symptoms, etc.
Optional Internship Experiences
- Cardiac rehab
- Pulmonary rehab
- Michael W. Krzyzewski Human Performance Laboratory
- Duke Sports Medicine
- Nutrition programming
- Cardiac procedures