Duke Health is committed to providing needed treatment for all patients regardless of ability to pay. In accordance with the CARES Act, Duke Health has established the standard cash price of $39 for COVID-19 testing. This is the amount a patient who is uninsured will pay for the COVID-19 test only. Other tests and labs may be ordered at the same time of service which will affect the total price. If you are uninsured please see the section titled If You Need Help Paying Your Bill. You will find information on payment options and our financial assistance program there.
If You Don't Have Health Insurance
If you don't have insurance or other third-party coverage, you will get a discount equal to the best discounts offered to insurance companies. The discount is automatically applied to your bill. For more information on the current discount percentage and how it's calculated, please submit a request in writing to:
Duke Patient Revenue Management Organization (PRMO)
PO Box 110566
Durham, NC 27709
Online Estimate Calculator
You can use our online tool as a MyChart account holder or as a guest to get partial estimates for procedures at hospital and hospital-based clinics. Please note that this tool will generate an estimate for hospital charges only. For a more complete estimate that includes hospital and physician services call our estimate team at 919-620-3264.
Duke University Health System Standard Data
Note: Hospitals are required by federal law to post hospital standard charges for downloading in a machine-readable format, such as provided below.
The information in these files is not an estimate of the amount a patient may owe. Patients should request a pre-visit estimate to get cost information specific to their circumstances.
- Duke University Hospital (XLSB, 11.8 MB)
- Duke Raleigh Hospital (XLSB, 11.1 MB)
- Duke Regional Hospital (XLSB, 10.7 MB)
- Duke University Hospital Inpatient Services (CSV, 1.3 MB)
- Duke Raleigh Hospital Inpatient Services (CSV, 1.2 MB)
- Duke Regional Hospital Inpatient Services (CSV, 1.2 MB)
Please note the following definitions of terms used in these tables:
- Insurance: the dollar amount our hospital sets for individual items and services rendered before considering any applicable discounts
- Uninsured: the dollar amount our hospital sets for individual items and services rendered after applying the uninsured discount
Need help with your bill? Call Customer Service at 919-620-4555 (local) or 1-800-782-6945 (toll-free). Hours are 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday and 8:00 am to 4:00 pm Thursday.