The staff of the Duke Health & Fitness Center is committed to providing high-quality membership experiences in a healthy and safe environment for all members and guests. Everyone is expected to maintain appropriate behavior toward others at all times.
The following standards of conduct apply to all members and guests:
- Clients/guests are expected to be respectful of other participants and staff. Clients may not use profane, abusive, or loud/boisterous language while on the premises or engage in any action that may be discourteous or harmful to others.
- Clients/guests are expected to interact appropriately with other participants, staff, and guests. Behavior should not violate another person's sense of privacy or dignity.
- Clients/guests may not make threats, fight, or engage in any inappropriate or unwanted physical contact with another person while on the premises.
- Clients/guests suspected to be under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs will not be allowed admission into the facility.
- Clients/guests participating in group exercise classes are expected to be respectful of the instructor and other participants and should not engage in disruptive behavior of any kind.
- Clients/guests are expected to maintain confidentiality regarding any other client’s program participation.
- Clients/guests are expected to be respectful of all Duke property.
- Client/guests may not take any photographs/videos anywhere in the facility, especially the locker rooms.
Violations of any of these rules may result in termination of membership.