Duke Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation at Croasdaile
Our rehabilitation programs help you regain your health and improve your well-being. We help people who are recovering from a cardiac event (such as a heart attack), heart surgery, or heart failure by encouraging exercise, a healthy diet, and lifestyle changes. We also focus on supporting people who have lung disease such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder (COPD) and those who may need or have already received a lung transplant. Our programs focus on reaching individual goals, achieving independence, and incorporating exercise.
|7:00 am - 5:00 pm||7:00 am - 5:00 pm||7:00 am - 5:00 pm||7:00 am - 5:00 pm||7:00 am - 5:00 pm||Closed||Closed|
7:00 am - 5:00 pm
Cardiac Rehabilitation and Pulmonary Rehabilitation in Durham
Our 9,000-squre-foot facility on Hillandale Road is located between Duke Triangle Heart Associates and Duke Asthma, Allergy, and Airway Center. Doctors from both of these locations rotate to provide expert care for people with heart and lung disease.
Our team of specialists includes nurses, physical therapists, physical therapist assistants, respiratory therapists, exercise physiologists, a social worker, and a registered dietician. We specialize in helping you improve your heart and lung performance, and we ensure you have the tools and equipment you need to make measurable progress. Oxygen is provided for those who require it during rehab activities. We closely monitor your vital signs to ensure you have a safe and effective exercise session.
Regularly scheduled, small group classes teach practical skills ranging from “how to communicate with your health care team” to “mindfulness and breathing techniques,” and we offer support groups for rehab participants and their caregivers.
- Cardiac Rehabilitation Program: A medically supervised exercise program for those who have recently experienced a cardiac event, such as a heart attack, or are recovering from heart surgery. In addition to exercise, we encourage a healthy diet and lifestyle management. (Insurance coverage and payment flexibility: Check with your insurance provider to determine whether cardiac rehabilitation is covered. You may qualify for Medicare and/or private insurance coverage because our state-certified program follows the North Carolina Cardiac Rehabilitation guidelines.)
- HEARTS Program (Dr. Fred Cobb’s Healing through Eating Healthy, Activity, Relaxation, Treatment and Support): A medically supervised exercise program for those with heart disease or risk factors like diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, inactivity, or obesity. This self-pay option may or may not be eligible for insurance coverage, so please contact your provider to confirm. Please call us for current pricing.
- Heart Failure Program: An eight- to ten-week program for those diagnosed with congestive heart failure. The goal of the program is to improve heart function and overall functional mobility. Our program includes endurance, strength, and flexibility training; educational sessions on nutrition, medication, and stress management; and an individualized home care program.
- Lung Disease Program: An intensive, four-and-a-half week program for those with debilitating lung disease aimed at improving your breathing symptoms and quality of life. Our pulmonary rehabilitation program includes exercise classes and general strength training, breathing pattern retraining, oxygen therapy, patient and family education sessions, psychosocial and nutritional consultations, smoking cessation counseling, and an individualized home care program.
- Lung Transplant Program: Education, endurance exercise, strengthening, and counseling help you prepare before and after a lung transplant. Initially, we want to help condition your mind and body for surgery. After your lung transplant, we help you to recover, manage day-to-day challenges, and set you on the road to a lifelong exercise program.
- Exercise machines, including low-impact options
- Indoor walking track
- Locker room facilities
Visit planforduke.com to view the full list of plans Duke Health will accept in 2020 from each carrier or network.
Duke Health contracts with most major health insurance carriers and transplant networks, including the ones listed below. Before scheduling your appointment, we strongly recommend you contact your insurance company to verify that the Duke Health location or provider you plan to visit is included in your network. Your insurance company will also be able to inform you of any copayments, co–insurance, or deductibles that will be your responsibility. If you proceed in scheduling an appointment and your health insurance benefits do not participate with Duke, your out of pocket liability may be higher. We will contact you regarding your coverage and patient liability. If you are uninsured, learn more about our financial assistance policy.
- Aetna Choice POS, Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice HMO, Aetna Open Access Elect Choice
- Aetna Health Network Only, Aetna Health Network Option
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Limited Benefit Insurance PPO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS
- Aetna Medicare HMO Open Access
- Aetna Medicare Plan (HMO, PPO)
- Aetna Medicare Premier Plan (PPO)
- Aetna Medicare Prime Plan (HMO, PPO)
- Aetna Open Choice PPO
- Aetna PCP Coordinated POS Plan
- Aetna Quality Point of Service (QPOS)
- Aetna Select HMO
- Aetna Traditional Choice
- Aetna Voluntary Indemnity Group Plan
- Aetna Whole Health – Duke WakeMed WKCC
- Ambetter of North Carolina
- Blue Advantage
- Blue Medicare (HMO, PPO)*
- Blue Options (123, PPO, HSA)
- Blue Select
- NC State Employees Health Plan
*Duke HomeCare and Hospice does not participate in the plan.
- Cigna Choice Plus
- Cigna Behavioral Health (*Limited eligibility)
- Cigna Open Access
- Cigna Open Access Plus
*Please call Cigna Behavioral Heath to see if the provider is participating in your plan.
- Duke Basic
- Duke Select
- Gateway Health Medicare Assured Prime (HMO)
- Gateway Health Medicare Assured Select (HMO)
- Humana Choice (PPO)
- Humana ChoiceCare (PPO)
- Humana Gold Choice (PFFS)
- Humana Gold Plus (HMO)
- First Medicare Direct*
- Medicare Part A
- Medicare Part B
*This is for Wake County only.
- NC Medicaid*
- Optima Family Care (Medicaid HMO in VA)
- Optima Individual & Family (On & Off Exchange Plans)
- Optima Plus (PPO)
- Optima Vantage (HMO)
- TRICARE Extra*
- TRICARE for Life*
- TRICARE Prime*
- TRICARE Prime Remote*
- TRICARE Standard*
*Duke Primary Care does not participate with the plan.
- AARP Medicare Complete (HMO, PPO)
- AARP Medicare Complete Essential (HMO)
- All Savers Alternate Funding
- All Savers Fully Insured
- State Employee Health Plan (for retirees)
- United Healthcare (HMO, PPO, POS)
- United Healthcare Charter/Charter Balance/Charter Plus
- United Healthcare Choice/Choice Plus
- United Healthcare Core/Core Essential
- United Healthcare Navigate/Navigate Plus/Navigate Balanced
- United Healthcare of the River Valley
- United Healthcare Option PPO
- United Healthcare Options PPO with Harvard Pilgrim
- United Healthcare Passport Connect Choice/Choice Plus
- United Healthcare Passport Connect Options PPO
- United Healthcare Select/Select Plus
- United Medical Resources (UMR)
Please check your filter options and try again.