Duke Specialty Rehab Services Midtown
Duke specialty rehabilitation services in Raleigh help you regain strength and mobility after illness or injury. Our certified diabetes educators provide nutrition counseling and personalized plans to manage diabetes and obesity. A physician referral is required.
|6:30 am - 6:00 pm||6:30 am - 4:30 pm||6:30 am - 6:00 pm||6:30 am - 4:30 pm||6:30 am - 6:00 pm||Closed||Closed|
6:30 am - 6:00 pm
6:30 am - 4:30 pm
Physical, Occupational Speech Therapy in Raleigh
Physical therapists, occupational therapists and speech therapists help you regain strength, balance and help you return to your daily activities as much as possible following:
As part of Duke’s Joint Health program, we create exercise plans that may help you prevent or delay a hip or knee replacement.
Physical Therapy for Lymphedema
Our therapists provide relief through exercise, massage and compression to people who experience lymphedema following trauma, surgery as a side effect of cancer treatment.
Physical Therapy for Pelvic Floor Disorders
Our physical therapists specialize in exercises that strength pelvic floor muscles and provide relief from symptoms associated with pelvic organ prolapse and incontinence.
Our nine-week program includes twice-weekly two-hour sessions. We individualize your exercise plan to teach you how to manage your illness, understand your oxygen needs, and use oxygen devices. Our exercise classes focus on improving strength and endurance; our educational sessions cover nutrition and medical management, breathing techniques, and more. We help people achieve improvements in their ability to walk, climb stairs, and play with their grandchildren.
Nutrition and Diabetes Counseling and Education
Our diabetes education program is recognized by the American Diabetes Association. We create individualized treatment plans for people with obesity, abnormal weight gain, and obesity-related conditions such as diabetes and high cholesterol. Group classes and individual consultations teach you to manage your diabetes, your medicines, diet, exercise and stress levels.
Our facility includes changing rooms, and a fully-equipped gym.
Duke Health contracts with most major health insurance carriers and transplant networks, including the ones listed below. Before scheduling your appointment, we strongly recommend you contact your insurance company to verify that the Duke Health location or provider you plan to visit is included in your network. Your insurance company will also be able to inform you of any copayments, co–insurance, or deductibles that will be your responsibility. If you proceed in scheduling an appointment and your health insurance benefits do not participate with Duke, your out of pocket liability may be higher. We will contact you regarding your coverage and patient liability. If you are uninsured, learn more about our financial assistance policy.
- Aetna Choice POS, Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice HMO, Aetna Open Access Elect Choice
- Aetna Health Network Only, Aetna Health Network Option
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Limited Benefit Insurance PPO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS
- Aetna Medicare HMO Open Access
- Aetna Medicare Plan (HMO, PPO)
- Aetna Medicare Premier Plan (PPO)
- Aetna Medicare Prime Plan (HMO, PPO)
- Aetna Open Access HMO, Open Access Aetna Select, Aetna Open Access Select, Aetna Open Access Managed Choice
- Aetna Open Choice PPO
- Aetna PCP Coordinated POS Plan
- Aetna Quality Point of Service (QPOS)
- Aetna Select HMO
- Aetna Traditional Choice
- Aetna Voluntary Indemnity Group Plan
- Aetna Whole Health – Duke WakeMed WKCC
- Ambetter of North Carolina
- Blue Advantage
- Blue Medicare (HMO, PPO)*
- Blue Options (123, PPO, HSA)
- Blue Select
- NC State Employees Health Plan
*Duke HomeCare and Hospice does not participate in the plan.
- Cigna Behavioral Health (*Limited eligibility)
- Cigna Choice Plus
- Cigna Open Access
- Cigna Open Access Plus
*Please call Cigna Behavioral Heath to see if the provider is participating in your plan.
- Duke Basic
- Duke Select
- Gateway Health Medicare Assured Prime (HMO)
- Gateway Health Medicare Assured Select (HMO)
- Humana Choice (PPO)
- Humana ChoiceCare (PPO)
- Humana Gold Choice (PFFS)
- Humana Gold Plus (HMO)
- First Medicare Direct*
- Medicare Part A
- Medicare Part B
*This is for Wake County only.
- NC Medicaid*
*Not all Duke locations and doctors participate in this plan. Please contact the location you will be visiting to determine what is accepted.
- Optima Family Care (Medicaid HMO in VA)
- Optima Individual & Family (On & Off Exchange Plans)
- Optima Plus (PPO)
- Optima Vantage (HMO)
- TRICARE Extra*
- TRICARE for Life*
- TRICARE Prime*
- TRICARE Prime Remote*
- TRICARE Standard*
*Duke Primary Care does not participate with the plan.
- AARP Medicare Complete (HMO, PPO)
- AARP Medicare Complete Essential (HMO)
- All Savers Alternate Funding
- All Savers Fully Insured
- State Employee Health Plan (for retirees)
- United Healthcare (HMO, PPO, POS)
- United Healthcare Charter/Charter Balance/Charter Plus
- United Healthcare Choice/Choice Plus
- United Healthcare Core/Core Essential
- United Healthcare Navigate/Navigate Plus/Navigate Balanced
- United Healthcare of the River Valley
- United Healthcare Option PPO
- United Healthcare Options PPO with Harvard Pilgrim
- United Healthcare Passport Connect Choice/Choice Plus
- United Healthcare Passport Connect Options PPO
- United Healthcare Select/Select Plus
- United Medical Resources (UMR)
Please check your filter options and try again.