Become a Volunteer at Duke Regional Hospital
Duke Regional Hospital offers volunteer opportunities in direct and non-direct patient care areas. Whether you are interested in welcoming visitors at the Information Desk, assisting in a patient care area or assisting with clerical work, Volunteer Services has a place for you. Volunteer Services will work with you to ensure your assignment matches your skills, interest, and time commitment.
How to Apply
To apply, complete and sign these documents:
- Application (fully completed; with complete address and email for references)
- Duke confidentiality agreement
Mail your completed documents to:
Duke Regional Hospital
3643 N. Roxboro Street
Durham, NC 27704
After reviewing your application and references, Volunteer Services will contact you to arrange an interview if we have openings that fit your availability and interests. A criminal background check and clearance by Duke Regional Employee Health will also be required to volunteer. Please be prepared to furnish copies of your immunization records, and submit to a TB screening and flu vaccination if you have not received the vaccination this season. Employee Health will provide these free of charge.
You will also need to attend a day-long orientation and complete safety and compliance training.
We are proud of our dedicated family of volunteers at Duke Regional. We couldn’t provide the quality of services we do without the help of our volunteers. To learn more about our volunteer program, call the department of Volunteer Services at 919-470-4150.
Our Volunteer Programs
- Each summer the hospital offers volunteer opportunities for teens 15-18 years of age. This provides an excellent opportunity for students to interact with health care professionals and learn in a medical environment.
- The hospital Auxiliary helps raise funds to support Duke Regional programs and services. Volunteers are welcome to participate by assisting with fundraising, participating in Auxiliary committees or serving on the governing board.
- Join our council to provide input on issues that affect care and the patient experience at Duke Regional Hospital.