- Commit to volunteering a minimum of once a week for a four-hour shift for at least six months
- Complete mandatory criminal background check, health screen, and orientation
- Adhere to all Duke Raleigh Hospital policies and procedures
- Be responsible for communicating when unavailable for assigned shift
Become a Volunteer
Download an application (PDF, 523.6 KB) or call us at 919-954-3887 to learn more about our program.
Additional Volunteer Opportunities
Wake County Duke Cancer Patient Support Program
Duke Cancer Patient Support Program volunteers play a critical role in the day-to-day activities in our Wake County Duke Cancer Center locations. Volunteers provide conversation and comfort, offer refreshments and help locate areas and resources in the clinics and hospital. Join the team:
- Assist patients with self-image products, in our oncology boutique locations, as a Self-Image Program Volunteer.
- Become a Volunteer Facilitator, assisting with our pet therapy sessions during our Pets at Duke visits.