Adult Volunteer Opportunities
Duke Raleigh Hospital
Volunteering is a rewarding and fulfilling way to give back to your community. Duke Raleigh Hospital adult volunteers are a needed and appreciated part of our health care team. You are always welcome here.
- Commit to volunteering a minimum of once a week for a four-hour shift for at least six months
- Complete mandatory criminal background check, health screen, and orientation
- Adhere to all Duke Raleigh Hospital policies and procedures
- Be responsible for communicating when unavailable for assigned shift
Become a Volunteer
Download an application (PDF, 156 KB) or call us at 919-954-3887 to learn more about our program.
Additional Volunteer Opportunities
Duke Cancer Patient Support Program
Duke Cancer Patient Support Program volunteers play a critical role in the day-to-day activities in our Wake County Duke Cancer Center locations. Volunteers provide conversation and comfort, offer refreshments and help locate areas and resources in the clinics and hospital. Join the team:
- Become a Volunteer Ambassador where you’ll greet and provide hospitality to patients and families, assist with directing and escorting patients to check-in for their appointments and provide refreshments and a listening ear to patients and caregivers.
- Assist patients with self-image products, such as wigs, hats and turbans as a Self-Image Program Volunteer.
- Become a Volunteer Facilitator, assisting with our pet therapy sessions during our Pets at Duke visits.
This program is looking for community volunteers and college student volunteers.
- Contact: Kate Gayhardt, 919-954-3133