- Adult community volunteers must be 18 years or older at the time of application submission.
- All volunteers are required to commit to a minimum 4 hours per month.
- ID badges must be worn at all times.
- Must have COVID-19 vaccination and have been boosted.
- If you are grieving a recent loss, you may be assigned to non-patient assignments for one year.
Become a Volunteer
If you would like to be contacted for our current volunteer opportunities available at Duke HomeCare and Hospice, please complete the volunteer interest survey interest survey.
After completing the volunteer interest survey, the volunteer services team for Duke HomeCare & Hospice will guide you through the process below and discuss which volunteer opportunities would be the best match for you.
Duke HomeCare and Hospice will be hosting volunteer quarterly trainings for 2023 on the following dates:
- March 31, 2023, 9:00 am to 3:00 pm
- June 17, 2023, 9:00 am to 3:00 pm
- September 16, 2023, 9:00 am to 3:00 pm
- December 16, 2023, 9:00 am to 3:00 pm
To become a volunteer, you must:
- Attend a volunteer information session. A zoom link will be provided.
- Complete a one-on-one interview
- Complete an application and 18 hours of training
- Fulfill Duke HomeCare and Hospice’s volunteer requirements
For questions please, contact Duke Home Care and Hospice Volunteer Services at 919-479-0396 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Adult Community Volunteer Opportunities
Duke HomeCare & Hospice offers a variety of opportunities for volunteers. After completing the volunteer interest survey, you will have an opportunity to discuss which opportunity will be the best match for you with one of the members of our Duke HomeCare & Hospice volunteer services team.