All of our volunteers have unique reasons for volunteering their time and skills. Duke Health volunteers have the opportunity to be of service to our patients, their families, the staff and the greater community while also gaining the personal satisfaction of knowing that they have helped others.
There are many benefits of volunteering. You may want to volunteer to:
- Meet people and make new friends
- Offer your skills and caring spirit
- Gain satisfaction from accomplishment
- Make a difference
- Feel needed and appreciated
- Have fun
- Add to your resume
- Feel part of Duke Health and our hospitals' communities
- Continue a connection after retirement
- Explore possible career opportunities in the healthcare field
- Learn new skills
- Be creative and productive in your leisure time
- Serve in a leadership role
There are more than 30 volunteer programs with a wide variety of opportunities within the Duke Health system. Positions available may vary by hospital.
Whatever your interests or skills, our Volunteer Services is committed to finding the right opportunity for you. We look forward to working with you.
For questions about volunteering:
- Duke University Hospital volunteer services
- Call 919-681-6088 or email DUHS_Volunteer_Services@duke.edu
- Duke Raleigh Hospital volunteer services
- Call 919-954-3887 or email DRAH_Volunteer_Services@dm.duke.edu
- Duke Regional Hospital volunteer services
- Call 919-470-4150 or email DRHVolunteerServices@dm.duke.edu