- Must be at least 18 years of age and not enrolled as an undergraduate student.
- Adhere to Duke University Policies and Procedures.
- Flu (Seasonal) and COVID-19 full vaccination and booster required (exemptions may be filed).
- Commitment for one year (2-4 hours per week, depending on program).
- Completion of the application process, including references, background screening, and health clearance.
- Completion of mandatory hospital and department orientation/training.
Become a Volunteer
If you are interested in the adult community volunteer program, please click the link below to start the prescreening process.
To learn more about Duke University Hospital's available volunteer opportunities, browse the Duke University Hospital Directory.