- Must be at least 18 years of age and not enrolled as a high school or undergraduate student.
- Adhere to Duke University Policies and Procedures.
- Flu vaccination (seasonal) is required (exemptions may be filed).
- Commitment for one year (2-4 hours per week, depending on program).
- Completion of the application process, including interview, references, background screening, and health clearance.
- Completion of mandatory hospital and department orientation/training.
Volunteer opportunities MAY be available in the following categories depending on our current needs:
- Gift shop
- Helping people find their way (Way-Finding)
- Patient rooms
- Waiting rooms
- Information station
- Musicians performing in public spaces
- Pet therapy
- Salon service (Cosmetologist)
- Working with children
To learn more about Duke University Hospital's available volunteer opportunities, browse the Duke University Hospital Directory.
Become a Volunteer
To be added to our Volunteer Waiting List, please fill out the Volunteer Interest Survey. We will contact you if volunteer opportunities are identified which match your interests.