- Must be at least 18 years of age and not enrolled as an undergraduate student.
- Adhere to Duke University Policies and Procedures.
- Flu (Seasonal) and COVID-19 full vaccination and booster required (exemptions may be filed).
- Commitment for one year (2-4 hours per week, depending on program).
- Completion of the application process, including references, background screening, and health clearance.
- Completion of mandatory hospital and department orientation/training.
Become a Volunteer
At this time, Duke Health is unable to onboard new volunteers for Duke University Hospital or Duke University Hospital based clinics. If you are interested in the adult community volunteer program, please complete a volunteer interest survey.
Please note: You will be contacted once a decision has been made to onboard new volunteers. We ask that you complete the volunteer interest survey only once. If you previously completed this survey, you do not need to complete it again. Please continue to check for updates.
To learn more about Duke University Hospital's available volunteer opportunities, browse the Duke University Hospital Directory.