About the Guild
The Duke Raleigh Hospital Guild has provided leadership and support on a wide range of exciting projects for Duke Raleigh Hospital. Our signature projects include the Guilded Lily Gift Shop and the Duke Raleigh Gardens.
Guilded Lily Gift Shop
The Guilded Lily Gift Shop is operated by the Duke Raleigh Hospital Guild. It is open weekdays for patients and visitors to send flowers or gifts to patient rooms and for the community at large to enjoy boutique shopping.
Duke Raleigh Gardens
The Duke Raleigh Gardens, one of the Guild’s signature projects, have been supported and funded since their conception. The Healing Garden is located directly beside the Cancer Center, while the Tranquility Garden and Butterfly Garden are located outside the cafeteria and outpatient surgery. All the gardens provide patients, visitors, and staff a peaceful, tranquil place to relax and reflect. They include walking paths, a labyrinth, outdoor seating, a wind chime, bird feeders, butterfly houses, foliage, and many North Carolina native plants.
The Guild is committed and honored to support all hospital departments through initiatives such as:
- The Compassion Cart: Provides treats and tokens of appreciation to our devoted staff in collaboration with Chaplain Services.
- The Caring Closet: A source for clean, new clothing for patients in need.
- The Comfort Cart: Provides extra comfort and support to patients.
- Christmas Teddy Bear: Provides gifts to all inpatients and oncology outpatients.
To Join the Guild
Meetings are the second Monday of the month, 10:30 to 11:30 am and are subject to change with ongoing modifications of safe distancing guidelines. Membership is open to anyone interested in supporting the work of the Duke Raleigh Hospital Guild with a commitment of participation through one of the three tier levels of membership. Our tiered membership fees help support our programs and initiatives throughout the year:
- Participating Member: Full participating membership with annual dues of $40
- Patron Member: Financial support only with a yearly minimum contribution of $25
- Lifetime Member: Financial support only through a one-time minimum contribution of $250
The Duke Raleigh Hospital Guild is a tax-exempt, non-profit organization.
To join, download (PDF, 264 KB) and complete the membership form. Please mail checks and completed applications to:
Tammy Vinsel, Treasurer
10817 Rondeau Woods Court
Raleigh, NC 27614
Please direct any questions to Kathy Potter, Guild President (2021-2022):
Board of Directors, 2021-2022
- Kathy Potter, President
- Gloria Knight, Secretary
- Tammy Vinsel, Treasurer
- Tracy Hausfeld, Board Member
- Irene Milewski, Board Member