College Student Volunteer Program
This volunteer program allows students to volunteer at Duke University Hospital with the goal of providing outstanding service to patients and their families. It is a very rewarding program and an important service to our patients. Volunteer activities may range from providing directions to patients and families, playing games with patients in waiting areas, stocking supplies and easing long wait times in patient waiting areas. This program does not provide clinical experience; it does, however, provide very valuable service and volunteering experience within the hospital setting, which is important to health professions schools.
Duke Student Volunteer Opportunities for Interviews
- If you are interviewing for a new College Student Volunteer Opportunity, please read this important information.
- Weekly volunteer attendance is expected for all programs. Once assigned, these programs will be counting on your assistance. Your academic advisors may request attendance information at any time.
- The expected volunteer commitment is a minimum one continuous academic year (2 semesters)
- The weekly commitment for most programs is a minimum of 2 hours per week. Some programs may require 3 - 4 hours per week. These will be noted.
- Please sign up for only ONE interview slot and ONE volunteer program only.
- Please note your interview time on your calendar.
- Please dress in appropriate business attire.
- Please bring your class schedule to the interview.
Are You a Returning or New Student Volunteer?
If you're a RETURNING College Student Volunteer (Duke University Hospital's Pre-Health Volunteer Program), visit our returning Duke Student Volunteers page for more information on next steps. Returning volunteers are not required to interview again for the same position.
If you're a NEW College Student Volunteer, visit our new Duke Student Volunteers page to find out more information.