- Be at least 18 years old.
- Adhere to Duke University Policies and Procedures.
- Flu (Seasonal) and COVID-19 full vaccination + booster required (exemptions may be filed).
- Completion of the application process, including references, background screening, and health clearance. Note: Please review the health screening requirements below.
- Completion of mandatory hospital and department orientation/training.
- The expected volunteer commitment is a minimum of two academic semesters.
- Weekly volunteer attendance of a minimum of two to four hours per week is required based on the department’s scheduling needs. These will be noted in the position descriptions.
Please note: Once assigned, these programs will be counting on your assistance. Your academic advisor may request attendance information at any time. Excessive absences may be cause for dismissal from the volunteer program.
Become a Volunteer
Our fall application period is now closed. We are no longer accepting new applications for the College Student Volunteer program at this time. Please continue to review our website for future updates.
To learn more about Duke University Hospital's available volunteer opportunities, browse the Duke University Hospital Directory.