Program Requirements For New and Returning Volunteers
- Be at least 18 years old.
- The expected volunteer commitment is a minimum of 2 academic semesters.
- Weekly volunteer attendance of a minimum of 2 to 4 hours per week is required based on the department’s scheduling needs. These will be noted in the position descriptions.
- Once assigned, these programs will be counting on your assistance. Your academic advisor may request attendance information at any time.
- Excessive absences may be cause for dismissal from the volunteer program.
Summer College Student Program
- The Application Process for summer volunteers begins in mid-March and closes in May.
- Volunteer opportunities and interview sign-ups for the 2020 summer college student program are suspended until further notice due to the rapidly evolving COVID-19 (coronavirus) situation. If you are interested in volunteering this summer, please complete our online application. Once we have more information available about our summer volunteer needs, we will contact you via email.
- The summer college student program runs from mid-May to late August.
- Summer Commitment – You must be able to commit a minimum of 50-100 hours (depending on the requirements of the program) for at least 10 weeks between May and August.
- Successful candidates must be 18 or older and have completed freshman year of college in good standing.
Fall College Student Program
- The Application Process for fall volunteers begins mid-July and closes mid-August. The fall college student program runs from September 14, 2019, to December 6, 2019.
- We are not currently accepting applications for the fall college student program.
Spring College Student Program
- The Application Process for spring volunteers begins in mid-October and closes in mid-November.
- We are not currently accepting applications for the spring college student program.
- The spring college student program runs from January to mid-May.