Junior Volunteer Summer Program
Duke Raleigh Hospital
The Junior Volunteer Summer Program provides youths, ages 14 to 17, the opportunity to experience a variety of activities in a hospital setting. As they assist and comfort our patients and visitors, junior volunteers learn valuable lessons that they will use throughout their adult lives. This program is only offered during the summer months.
Junior Volunteer Requirements
- The program runs from the first week in June through the first week of August each summer.
- Each junior volunteer must commit to a minimum of seven volunteer weeks during the summer.
- The volunteer shift hours are from 8:00 am - 12:00 pm or 12:00 - 4:00 pm once a week.
- Junior volunteers are expected to behave in a professional and mature manner at all times.
- All junior volunteers must have parental permission and provide proof of all childhood immunizations and proof of negative TB test within the last six months.
- In keeping with our professional staff image, junior volunteers are required to wear a uniform, which they will purchase at orientation. They will also wear a DRAH badge at all times. Shorts, mini-skirts, and jeans are not allowed.
- Junior volunteers may not leave the hospital campus for any reason during their volunteer shift without parental permission.
Become a Volunteer
Junior volunteers must complete an application. From there, applicants will be selected for interviews.”Applications must be postmarked between February 1 - February 28.
If you would like to participate in the Duke Raleigh Junior Volunteer Summer Program, please download and submit an application. (Instructions provided in download.)
For more information or to request a printed copy of the application, please contact our volunteer coordinator at 919-954-3887.