- Junior volunteers must commit to eight weeks and at least eight hours a week during the summer.
- Junior volunteers must be in high school and fall between the ages of 16 to 17 on the first day of the program.
- Volunteer shift hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to noon and from noon to 4:00 pm.
- Junior volunteers are expected to behave professionally and maturely at all times.
- All junior volunteers must have parental permission and provide proof of all childhood immunizations and proof of negative TB test within the last twelve months.
- Junior volunteers are required to wear a uniform, which will be provided at orientation. They will also wear a Duke Raleigh Hospital badge at all times. Shorts, mini-skirts, and jeans are not allowed.
- Junior volunteers may not leave the hospital campus for any reason during their volunteer shift without parental permission.
Become a Volunteer
For the summer of 2022, Duke Raleigh Hospital is not accepting applicants for the Junior Volunteer Program. Please return to this website at the beginning of 2023 to learn more about when the program will resume.