College Student Volunteers
Duke Raleigh Hospital
Duke Raleigh Hospital provides college volunteers with the opportunity to experience and observe many aspects of health care in a hospital setting. We understand that our college student volunteers are often interested in pursuing a career in health care, and we offer volunteer experience to help them reach that goal.
College volunteers are assigned to a variety of positions throughout our organization making a difference in the lives of our patients, their family members, and caregivers.
You must be:
- Enrolled in a college program on a full or part-time basis
- Commit to volunteering a minimum of once a week for a four-hour shift for at least ten weeks
- Complete mandatory criminal background check, health screen, and orientation
- Adhere to all Duke Raleigh Hospital policy and procedures, including the dress code
- Be responsible for communicating when unavailable for assigned shift
Become a Volunteer
Applications for the college volunteers are due in the volunteer services office by the following dates in order to volunteer in the corresponding school term:
- Fall semester: August 1
- Spring semester: December 5
Download an application to be a college student volunteer. Please call 919-954-3887 to learn more about our program.