College Student Volunteers
Duke Raleigh Hospital
Duke Raleigh Hospital provides college students with the opportunity to experience and observe many aspects of health care in a hospital setting. Our volunteers are assigned to a variety of positions throughout our organization making a difference in the lives of our patients, their family members, and caregivers. We understand that our college student volunteers are often interested in pursuing a career in health care, and we offer volunteer experience to help them reach that goal.
You must be:
- Enrolled in a college program on a full or part-time basis
- Commit to volunteering a minimum of once a week for a 4-hour shift for at least 10 weeks
- Complete mandatory criminal background check, health screen, and orientation
- Adhere to all Duke Raleigh Hospital policies and procedures, including the dress code
- Be responsible for communicating when unavailable for assigned shift
- Commit to volunteering at least four hours per week for at least two semesters. Depending on the assigned area, the 4-hour per week requirement can be done in either one 4-hour shift or two 2-hour shifts.
How to Apply
Applications for college volunteers are due in the volunteer services office by the following dates in order to volunteer in the corresponding school term:
- Fall semester: August 31
- Spring semester: December 5
Applicants who are selected for the Fall 2019 semester will receive follow up by Friday, September 6. Follow up information will include interview and orientation dates. Please note that applications sent via postal mail must be postmarked by August 31 in order to be reviewed.
Download an application to be a college student volunteer (PDF, 156 KB). Please call 919-954-3887 to learn more about our program.
Please contact Volunteer Services at 919-954-3887 for further information.