Duke Otolaryngology of Raleigh
Schedule an appointment for comprehensive service with special expertise in problems of the ear, nose, throat, and voice, and related structures of the head and neck.
|8:00 am - 5:00 pm||8:00 am - 5:00 pm||8:00 am - 5:00 pm||8:00 am - 5:00 pm||8:00 am - 5:00 pm||Closed||Closed|
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Comprehensive Otolaryngology (ENT) Clinic
Problems such as hearing loss, ringing in the ears, snoring, sinus congestion, and chronic hoarseness can interfere with a person’s quality of life or ability to interact with others.
Duke Otolaryngology of Raleigh evaluates and treats patients of all ages. Our clinic affords a comprehensive service with special expertise in problems of the ear, nose, throat, and voice, and related structures of the head and neck, including those in pediatric patients.
- Our multidisciplinary head and neck oncology program offers expert care for people with cancers which are common or rare.
- Our head and neck surgeons are experts in the care of endocrine tumors including thyroid and parathyroid glands.
- Our otologist/neurotologist is a highly specialized expert in the care of diseases affecting the ear including acoustic neuromas, cholesteatomas, and ear infections, as well as conditions affecting the hearing, balance system, temporal bone, skull base, and related structures of the head and neck.
- Our pediatric otolaryngologist is subspecialty trained and qualified in treating infants and children in the entire spectrum of pediatric head and neck disorders, including hearing and ear problems, airway and throat disorders, nose and sinus diseases, and the spectrum of congenital, benign, and malignant head and neck tumors that occur in children.
- Our rhinologists and sinus specialists diagnose and treat all conditions affecting the nose, sinuses, skull base, and olfactory system.
Programs and Services:
- Duke Audiology of Raleigh offers a full range of audiology and vestibular services.
- Duke Hearing Center of Raleigh offers comprehensive evaluation and treatment services to diverse patient populations with hearing and balance disorders, from newborn to geriatric ages. Our goal is to improve hearing and communication skills by offering educational and innovative approaches. A variety of hearing aids and implantable devices are available to address the unique hearing needs of each patient. Our team of audiologists works closely with our otolaryngology and neurotology physicians to coordinate care and management. Our clinic is focused on excellent customer service addressing the individual needs of each patient. (Both Duke Audiology of Raleigh and Duke Hearing Center of Raleigh are located within our practice)
- The Duke Voice Care Center, a part of Duke Otolaryngology of Raleigh, offers an integrated approach for the treatment of all types of complex voice disorders including problems with the airway, throat, nose, and sinuses. The voice disorder specialists use voice therapy and other voice disorder treatments to preserve and restore good voice function for all people including singers and other vocal performers, clergy, and teachers.
- We offer allergy testing and treatment services through our Allergy and Sinus Program at Duke Otolaryngology of Raleigh.
Duke Health contracts with most major health insurance carriers and transplant networks, including the ones listed below. Before scheduling your appointment, we strongly recommend you contact your insurance company to verify that the Duke Health location or provider you plan to visit is included in your network. Your insurance company will also be able to inform you of any co-payments, co–insurances, or deductibles that will be your responsibility. If you proceed in scheduling an appointment and your health insurance benefits do not participate with Duke, your out of pocket liability may be higher. We will contact you regarding your coverage and patient liability. If you are uninsured, learn more about our financial assistance policy.
Below are the plans currently accepted in 2018. There are some changes to the plans accepted beginning January 1, 2019. For a complete list of plans accepted in 2019 and to verify that your health plan includes Duke Health, please visit PlanForDuke.com.
- Aetna Choice POS, Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice HMO, Aetna Open Access Elect Choice
- Aetna Health Network Only, Aetna Health Network Option
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Limited Benefit Insurance PPO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS
- Aetna Medicare HMO Open Access
- Aetna Medicare Plan (HMO, PPO)
- Aetna Medicare Premier Plan (PPO)
- Aetna Medicare Prime Plan (HMO, PPO)
- Aetna Open Access HMO, Open Access Aetna Select, Aetna Open Access Select, Aetna Open Access Managed Choice
- Aetna Open Choice PPO
- Aetna PCP Coordinated POS Plan
- Aetna Quality Point of Service (QPOS)
- Aetna Select HMO
- Aetna Traditional Choice
- Aetna Voluntary Indemnity Group Plan
- Aetna Whole Health – Duke WakeMed WKCC
- Blue Advantage
- Blue Local with Duke Health and WakeMed*
- Blue Medicare (HMO, PPO)**
- Blue Options (123, PPO, HSA)
- Blue Select
- NC State Employees Health Plan
*BCBSNC will no longer offer Blue Local with Duke Health & WakeMed in 2019. Action may be needed on your part. Visit planforduke.com to learn more.
**Duke HomeCare and Hospice does not participate in the plan.
- Cigna Choice Plus
- Cigna Open Access
- Cigna Open Access Plus
- Coventry Advantra Freedom (PPO)*
- Coventry Advantra Gold (HMO)*
- Dual Option of AWH or PPO*
*Coventry Healthcare will no longer be accepted in 2019.
- Duke Basic
- Duke Select
- Gateway Health Medicare Assured Prime (HMO)
- Gateway Health Medicare Assured Select (HMO)
- Humana Choice (PPO)
- Humana ChoiceCare (PPO)
- Humana Gold Choice (PFFS)
- Humana Gold Plus (HMO)
- First Medicare Direct*
- Medicare Part A
- Medicare Part B
*This is for Wake County only.
- NC Medicaid*
*Not all Duke locations and doctors participate in this plan. Please contact the location you will be visiting to determine what is accepted.
- Optima Family Care (Medicaid HMO in VA)
- Optima Individual & Family (On & Off Exchange Plans)
- Optima Plus (PPO)
- Optima Vantage (HMO)
- TRICARE Extra*
- TRICARE for Life*
- TRICARE Prime*
- TRICARE Prime Remote*
- TRICARE Standard*
*Duke Primary Care does not participate with the plan.
- AARP Medicare Complete (HMO, PPO)*
- AARP Medicare Complete Essential (HMO)*
- All Savers Alternate Funding
- All Savers Fully Insured
- State Employee Health Plan (for retirees)
- United Healthcare (HMO, PPO, POS)
- United Healthcare Charter/Charter Balance/Charter Plus
- United Healthcare Choice/Choice Plus
- United Healthcare Core/Core Essential
- United Healthcare Navigate/Navigate Plus/Navigate Balanced
- United Healthcare of the River Valley
- United Healthcare Option PPO
- United Healthcare Options PPO with Harvard Pilgrim
- United Healthcare Passport Connect Choice/Choice Plus
- United Healthcare Passport Connect Options PPO
- United Healthcare Select/Select Plus
- United Medical Resources (UMR)
*Not all Duke hospitals and doctors participate in these plans. Please contact your insurance provider to determine what your financial responsibility will be for the health care service you require.
Please check your filter options and try again.
Individuals seeking treatment for these conditions or for other head, neck, and voice conditions can now access the care they need at Duke Otolaryngology of Raleigh.
Please specify that you would like an appointment at our Raleigh location when contacting our appointment agents at 800-385-3646.
Our office is located on the 4th floor of the Duke Medicine Plaza (MOB 8) on Duke Raleigh Hospital's campus. We're located about a quarter mile from I-440 on Wake Forest Road, convenient to North Raleigh, downtown Raleigh, North Hills and central Wake County.