Duke Clinic Voice Center
Having a healthy voice is important for everyone, whether you are a professional singer, teacher, or salesperson, or simply like to read aloud to your grandkids. If you suffer from hoarseness or trouble with your voice or throat, the voice specialists at the Duke Voice Disorders Center can help.
|8:00 am - 5:00 pm||8:00 am - 5:00 pm||8:00 am - 5:00 pm||8:00 am - 5:00 pm||8:00 am - 5:00 pm||Closed||Closed|
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
We treat the full spectrum of voice problems, from laryngitis and voice strain to more complex problems such as atrophy, hemorrhage, or scarring of the vocal cords; vocal tremors; and laryngeal papilloma. We can also help with voice problems related to acid reflux (GERD), allergies, chronic cough, and swallowing disorders. Call for an appointment or visit one of the links above for more information about specific treatments and services.
- Aging voice problems
- General voice disorders
- Pediatric voice disorders
- Singing and performing services
- Spasmodic dysphonia
- Swallowing disorders
- Throat and voice box cancer
- Tracheal cancer
- Vocal cord dysfunction
- Vocal cord nodules, cysts, and polyps
- Vocal cord paralysis
- Voice evaluations
- Voice strain
- Voice therapy
Duke Health contracts with most major health insurance carriers and transplant networks, including the ones listed below. Before scheduling your appointment, we strongly recommend you contact your insurance company to verify that the Duke Health location or provider you plan to visit is included in your network. Your insurance company will also be able to inform you of any copayments, co–insurance, or deductibles that will be your responsibility. If you proceed in scheduling an appointment and your health insurance benefits do not participate with Duke, your out of pocket liability may be higher. We will contact you regarding your coverage and patient liability. If you are uninsured, learn more about our financial assistance policy.
- Aetna Choice POS, Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice HMO, Aetna Open Access Elect Choice
- Aetna Health Network Only, Aetna Health Network Option
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Limited Benefit Insurance PPO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS
- Aetna Medicare HMO Open Access
- Aetna Medicare Plan (HMO, PPO)
- Aetna Medicare Premier Plan (PPO)
- Aetna Medicare Prime Plan (HMO, PPO)
- Aetna Open Access HMO, Open Access Aetna Select, Aetna Open Access Managed Choice
- Aetna Open Choice PPO
- Aetna PCP Coordinated POS Plan
- Aetna Quality Point of Service (QPOS)
- Aetna Select HMO
- Aetna Traditional Choice
- Aetna Voluntary Indemnity Group Plan
- Aetna Whole Health – Duke WakeMed WKCC
- Ambetter of North Carolina
- Blue Advantage
- Blue Medicare (HMO, PPO)*
- Blue Options (123, PPO, HSA)
- Blue Select
- NC State Employees Health Plan
*Duke HomeCare and Hospice does not participate in the plan.
- Cigna Choice Plus
- Cigna Behavioral Health (*Limited eligibility)
- Cigna Open Access
- Cigna Open Access Plus
*Please call Cigna Behavioral Heath to see if the provider is participating in your plan.
- Duke Basic
- Duke Select
- Experience Health Medicare Advantage (HMO) Plan
- Gateway Health Medicare Assured Prime (HMO)
- Gateway Health Medicare Assured Select (HMO)
- Humana Choice (PPO)
- Humana ChoiceCare (PPO)
- Humana Gold Choice (PFFS)
- Humana Gold Plus (HMO)
- First Medicare Direct*
- Medicare Part A
- Medicare Part B
*This is for Wake County only.
- NC Medicaid*
*Not all Duke locations and doctors participate in this plan. Please contact the location you will be visiting to determine what is accepted.
- Optima Family Care (Medicaid HMO in VA)
- Optima Individual & Family (On & Off Exchange Plans)
- Optima Plus (PPO)
- Optima Vantage (HMO)
- TRICARE Prime*
- TRICARE Prime Remote*
- TRICARE Select*
*Duke Primary Care is considered an authorized, non-network participating provider.
- AARP Medicare Complete (HMO, PPO)
- AARP Medicare Complete Essential (HMO)
- All Savers Alternate Funding
- All Savers Fully Insured
- State Employee Health Plan (for retirees)
- United Healthcare (HMO, PPO, POS)
- United Healthcare Charter/Charter Balance/Charter Plus
- United Healthcare Choice/Choice Plus
- United Healthcare Core/Core Essential
- United Healthcare Navigate/Navigate Plus/Navigate Balanced
- United Healthcare of the River Valley
- United Healthcare Option PPO
- United Healthcare Options PPO with Harvard Pilgrim
- United Healthcare Passport Connect Choice/Choice Plus
- United Healthcare Passport Connect Options PPO
- United Healthcare Select/Select Plus
- United Medical Resources (UMR)
Please check your filter options and try again.
We are located within Duke Clinic. Duke Clinic is located off Erwin Road on Duke Medicine Circle, convenient to I-85, US 15-501, and the Durham Freeway (NC 147) and I-40. Duke Clinic is a 20-minute drive from Raleigh-Durham International Airport.
Preparing For Your Visit
Parking is available in the Duke Medicine Circle Parking garage on Trent Drive. Cost: $2 per hour or a maximum $8 per day. Valet parking service is available from 7:00 am to 6:00 pm at the Duke Clinic entrance for a $9. A few minutes prior to the end of your clinic visit, ask clinic personnel to call Valet Services at 919-684-2010. Valet Services will have your car waiting at the entrance you request.A shuttle service is available to take you to the building entrances around Duke Medicine Circle. Look for a white van that says “Duke Patient Shuttle” in blue letters.
- The information desk attendant can provide assistance with shuttle service between 6:30 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.
- For pick up at the Duke Medicine Circle Parking Garage please call: 919-681-2718 or 919-613-1907.
- A separate shuttle service is available to some off site clinics. Please ask about this service at the Duke Clinic information desks.