Duke Central Tower
Everything you need to know for your visit to Duke University Hospital and Duke Central Tower.
Duke Central Tower Features
Duke Central Tower is a 350-bed, 490,000-square-foot tower, located between Duke University Hospital and Duke Medicine Pavilion, which includes spacious patient rooms, family zones, and playrooms, and offers the latest advances in technology to ensure a comfortable setting for care. The entrance and lobby area features high ceilings, large waiting areas, and a Starbucks.
Preparing For Your Visit
We provide equal access for all people and offer a range of free accessibility services to patients and visitors who need them.
Free interpreter services can be provided for patients who prefer to communicate in a language other than English.
Duke Hospital Garage:
- Duke Hospital parking garage is located across Erwin Road from the hospital. Vehicles enter one block north, at 2223 Elba Street. The garage is walking distance from the hospital entrance.
- Visitors may take a secure, well-lighted and climate-controlled walkway under Erwin Road. To reach the walkway, take a parking garage elevator down to Level RT (for "tunnel") and follow the signs to Duke University Hospital. This parking garage is most convenient for patients and visitors who intend to use the Erwin Road hospital entrance, or visit Duke Central Tower.
- Cost: $2 per hour or a maximum $8 day.
Duke Medicine Circle Parking Garage:
- Located at 302 Trent Drive and features climate-controlled, enclosed walkway to Duke Clinic. A free shuttle is located just outside the garage to escort you to the Duke Medicine Pavilion entrance. This parking garage is most convenient for patients and visitors going to the Duke Medicine Pavilion, Duke Cancer Center, and Duke Clinic.
- Cost: $2 per hour or a maximum $8 per day.
Additional Parking Information:
- Parking for oversized vehicles is located adjacent to the Duke University Hospital parking deck. To obtain a pass for an oversized vehicle, call 919-684-7275.
- Discount parking tickets are available for $5.00 and are good for free parking on one calendar day. They can be purchased at all medical center gift shops or Duke Parking, which is located on the ground floor of Duke clinics on Trent Drive. The tickets are good at either garage. Contact Duke Parking Services at 919-684-7275.
- Valet parking is also available at the entrance to Duke University Hospital, Monday - Friday from 5:00 am - 10:00 pm and Saturday and Sunday from 9:00 am - 9:00 pm for $9 per day.
- Duke Parking Services can be contacted at: 919-684-7275.
- Watch a video on how to use the parking stations.
Plan your trip to Duke Central Tower through GoDurham bus routes 6, 11, 11B, and 20 or GoTriangle bus routes 400, 405, and DRX (Durham-Raleigh Express). The closest bus stops are Trent Dr at Duke Hospital South, Duke Hospital, Erwin Rd at Research Dr, and Erwin Rd at Emergency Dr. If you have trouble accessing these routes, visit GoDurham Access and GoTriangle Access to check if you meet the ADA eligibility for accessible transit programs.
Duke Transit provides free bus service to the Duke University Medical Center campus for students, employees, patients, and visitors. See maps of bus routes.