Face masks are optional at this location. Keeping everyone safe and well is our top priority. We appreciate your support of our efforts. Learn more.
Duke Central Tower
Duke Central Tower is an 11-story addition that expands the critical care and pediatric services of Duke University Hospital and Duke Children's Hospital. Access is only available through the main entrances of Duke University Hospital or the Duke Medicine Pavilion.
Everything you need to know for your visit to Duke University Hospital and Duke Central Tower.
Duke Central Tower Features
Duke Central Tower is a 350-bed, 490,000-square-foot tower, located between Duke University Hospital and Duke Medicine Pavilion, which includes spacious patient rooms, family zones, and playrooms, and offers the latest advances in technology to ensure a comfortable setting for care. The entrance and lobby area features high ceilings, large waiting areas, and a Starbucks.
Preparing For Your Visit
We provide equal access for all people and offer a range of free accessibility services to patients and visitors who need them.
Free interpreter services can be provided for patients who prefer to communicate in a language other than English.
Free Wi-Fi Available
Duke Hospital Garage:
- Duke Hospital parking garage is located across Erwin Road from Duke University Hospital. Vehicles enter one block north, at 2223 Elba Street. The garage is walking distance from the hospital entrance.
- Visitors may take a secure, well-lighted and climate-controlled walkway under Erwin Road. To reach the walkway, take a parking garage elevator down to Level RT (for "tunnel") and follow the signs to Duke University Hospital or Duke Children’s Hospital & Health Center. This parking garage is most convenient for patients and visitors who intend to use the Erwin Road hospital entrance, or visit Duke University Hospital or Duke Children's Hospital & Health Center.
- Cost: $2 per hour or a maximum $8 day.
Duke Medicine Circle Parking Garage:
- Located at 302 Trent Drive and features a climate-controlled, enclosed walkway to Duke Clinic. A free shuttle is located just outside the garage to escort you to the Duke Medicine Pavilion entrance. This parking garage is most convenient for patients and visitors going to the Duke Medicine Pavilion, Duke Cancer Center, and Duke Clinic.
- Cost: $2 per hour or a maximum $8 per day.
Additional Parking Information:
- Parking for oversized vehicles is located adjacent to the Duke University Hospital parking deck. To obtain a pass for an oversized vehicle, call 919-684-7275.
- Valet parking is also available at the entrance to Duke Clinic, Monday - Friday from 7:00 am - 6:00 pm for $9 per visit.
- Watch a video on how to use the parking stations.
- Patients and their families can purchase discounted parking passes at the Duke Clinic Customer Service Center beside the Medical Center Bookstore, the Duke Parking and Transportation Services office at Science Drive Garage, and the kiosk located in Parking Garage 2 by the exit off of Elba Street. Tickets can be purchased Monday - Friday from 9:00 am - 5:00 pm. Discounted single-use tickets are $5 each and 5-use passes are $25.
- Contact Duke Parking Services at 919-684-7275.
Important! Duke faculty, staff and students, affiliates, and contractors are not eligible to purchase or use discounted validations.
Plan your trip to Duke Central Tower through GoDurham bus routes 6, 11, 11B, and 20 or GoTriangle bus routes 400, 405, and DRX (Durham-Raleigh Express). The closest bus stops are Trent Dr at Duke Hospital South, Duke Hospital, Erwin Rd at Research Dr, and Erwin Rd at Emergency Dr. If you have trouble accessing these routes, visit GoDurham Access and GoTriangle Access to check if you meet the ADA eligibility for accessible transit programs.
Duke Transit provides free bus service to the Duke University Medical Center campus for students, employees, patients, and visitors. See maps of bus routes.