Care at every stage of your family's lifeCall for an appointment
Duke's family medicine providers care for every member of your family, from newborns to teens, parents and grandparents. Our providers include doctors, nurse practitioners and physician assistants, who want to establish a long-term relationship with you and your family centered around keeping you healthy, preventing illness, and managing your family's health. As part of Duke Primary Care, we are conveniently located throughout the Triangle, and accept a growing list of Duke-friendly health plans.
Choosing a family medicine provider
A family medicine provider is the right choice for you if you want your family's health to be cared for in one convenient place. Family medicine providers cover all your health care needs, from preventive care counseling and physical exams to helping you and your loved ones manage common medical conditions. In addition, family medicine includes:
- Children's health care and well-child visits, including developmental screenings, immunizations, and parental guidance to help meet growth milestones.
- Family planning and regular gynecological screenings such as breast exams and Pap smears.
- Care for chronic diseases and conditions, including diabetes, heart disease, mental health, and other long-term conditions.
Choose a Duke family medicine provider because we offer:
- Convenient locations. With more than 40 locations throughout the Triangle, there is a Duke Primary Care near you.
- Access to Duke doctors. If you need specialty care, we can direct you to specialists who are ranked among the nation’s best. As part of a nationally ranked medical center, they have access to the latest research, technology, and medical advances, many of which are discovered at Duke Health.
- Secure connection to our online patient portal. Duke MyChart makes it easier than ever to view lab results and pay bills. Once you are part of the Duke system, you can request prescription refills, schedule appointments, and communicate with your provider. Duke's state-of-the-art electronic medical record system is also accessed by every Duke doctor in every Duke facility so your care will always be coordinated.