You need a Duke MyChart account to participate in an E-visit. If you don’t have one, please use the link below or call 919-620-4555 or 800-782-6945 to receive an activation code. Our phone lines are open from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday.
Conditions Appropriate for an E-visit
You can use Duke MyChart to schedule a virtual video appointment when you want medical attention for a minor medical issue. You must be six months or older, and you must have a Duke MyChart account to schedule an appointment. Virtual visits are covered by insurance as primary care visits. Copays, co-insurance, and deductibles apply.
Follow These Steps to Request an E-visit on Duke MyChart
1. Log into Duke MyChart.
2. Click "Menu" at the top left of your screen.
3. Select “E-visit” from the menu.
4. If your symptoms aren’t urgent, select “Continue.”
5. Verify your location. You must be in North Carolina.
6. From the options provided, select the reason you are requesting an E-visit.
7. Make sure the information you selected is correct, then choose “Confirm and proceed.”
8. Review and confirm your personal information, billing and insurance details, current medications and pharmacy preferences, allergies, and health issues.
9. Answer the symptom-specific questions. Your responses help your provider better understand and treat your condition.
10. When your provider responds, you will see a notification on your Duke MyChart home page. Click “View Message” to read their reply. Be sure to respond to any follow-up questions or requests for images. If you do not receive a response, or your symptoms get worse, please contact your clinic.
After your provider has all the information they need, they can provide you with advice and prescribe any necessary medications. If your provider believes an E-visit is not appropriate for your condition, they may request a virtual video visit, or request that you come in for an in-person visit, in which case you will not be charged for the E-visit. You will receive a summary in Duke MyChart after your E-visit is complete.