Care for adults and seniorsCall for an appointment
Duke's internal medicine providers are trained to diagnose and manage medical conditions that affect adults over the age of 18. Many of our internists also specialize in the health and well being of seniors and elderly people. Our providers include doctors, nurse practitioners and physician assistants, who want to establish a long-term relationship with you centered around keeping you healthy, preventing illness, and managing your health care needs. As part of Duke Primary Care, we are conveniently located throughout the Triangle, and accept a growing list of Duke-friendly health plans.
Choosing an internal medicine provider
Internists work with you to ensure you live a healthy life. In addition to preventive care and health maintenance for both women and men, our internal medicine providers:
- Diagnose and treat medical conditions that impact the lives of adults.
- Manage chronic diseases and conditions, including diabetes, cardiovascular disease, mental health, and other long-term conditions.
Choose a Duke internal medicine provider because we offer:
- Convenient locations. With more than 40 locations throughout the Triangle, there is a Duke Primary Care near you.
- Care for seniors and the elderly. Several of our internal medicine providers have undergone additional training in geriatrics, a subset of primary care that focuses on the later years. Our providers can work with you, whether you want to stay healthy and active as you age, or are coping with the diseases and disabilities that may accompany the aging process.
- Access to Duke doctors. If you need specialty care, we can direct you to specialists who are ranked among the nation’s best. As part of a nationally ranked medical center, they have access to the latest research, technology, and medical advances, many of which are discovered at Duke Health.
- Secure connection to our online patient portal. Duke MyChart makes it easier than ever to view lab results and pay bills. Once you are part of the Duke system, you can request prescription refills, schedule appointments, and communicate with your provider. Duke's state-of-the-art electronic medical record system is also accessed by every Duke doctor in every Duke facility so your care will always be coordinated.