Duke Urology Men's Health Center
Our urologists offer men age 19 and older the full spectrum of men’s health care, including treatments for sexual dysfunction, low testosterone, male incontinence, male infertility, enlarged prostate, prostate cancer and other urologic disorders.
|8:00 am - 4:30 pm||8:00 am - 4:30 pm||8:00 am - 4:30 pm||8:00 am - 4:30 pm||8:00 am - 4:30 pm||Closed||Closed|
8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Our expert urologists understand the sensitivity associated with urologic conditions that affect adult men. These are personal issues that greatly impact a man’s well-being. It can be difficult for men to find an environment in which they can discuss them openly. Our center allows men to build strong, lasting relationships with men’s health specialists.
Because male sexual health concerns can sometimes be symptoms of chronic conditions such as heart disease and diabetes, or psychological problems such as depression, our men’s health specialists screen for these and other underlying health problems. We arrange referrals to primary care doctors and specialists throughout Duke Health, including nutritionists, physical therapists, fertility experts and others, as needed.
Our urologists offer comprehensive care in all aspects of men’s health and wellness including:
- Sexual dysfunction, including erectile dysfunction, Peyronie's disease, and low libido
- Low testosterone, often referred to as testosterone deficiency, hypogonadism, andropause and androgen deficiency in the aging male (A.D.A.M.)
- Enlarged prostate, also known as benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH)
- Male incontinence, including lower urinary tract symptoms and incontinence following surgery or radiation therapy for prostate cancer
- Male infertility and family planning including vasectomy
- Prostate cancer screening (PSA) counseling
Duke Health contracts with most major health insurance carriers and transplant networks, including the ones listed below. Before scheduling your appointment, we strongly recommend you contact your insurance company to verify that the Duke Health location or provider you plan to visit is included in your network. Your insurance company will also be able to inform you of any co-payments, co–insurances, or deductibles that will be your responsibility. If you proceed in scheduling an appointment and your health insurance benefits do not participate with Duke, your out of pocket liability may be higher. We will contact you regarding your coverage and patient liability. If you are uninsured, learn more about our financial assistance policy.
Below are the plans currently accepted in 2018. There are some changes to the plans accepted beginning January 1, 2019. For a complete list of plans accepted in 2019 and to verify that your health plan includes Duke Health, please visit PlanForDuke.com.
- Aetna Choice POS, Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice HMO, Aetna Open Access Elect Choice
- Aetna Health Network Only, Aetna Health Network Option
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Limited Benefit Insurance PPO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS
- Aetna Medicare HMO Open Access
- Aetna Medicare Plan (HMO, PPO)
- Aetna Medicare Premier Plan (PPO)
- Aetna Medicare Prime Plan (HMO, PPO)
- Aetna Open Access HMO, Open Access Aetna Select, Aetna Open Access Select, Aetna Open Access Managed Choice
- Aetna Open Choice PPO
- Aetna PCP Coordinated POS Plan
- Aetna Quality Point of Service (QPOS)
- Aetna Select HMO
- Aetna Traditional Choice
- Aetna Voluntary Indemnity Group Plan
- Aetna Whole Health – Duke WakeMed WKCC
- Blue Advantage
- Blue Local with Duke Health and WakeMed*
- Blue Medicare (HMO, PPO)**
- Blue Options (123, PPO, HSA)
- Blue Select
- NC State Employees Health Plan
*BCBSNC will no longer offer Blue Local with Duke Health & WakeMed in 2019. Action may be needed on your part. Visit planforduke.com to learn more.
**Duke HomeCare and Hospice does not participate in the plan.
- Cigna Choice Plus
- Cigna Open Access
- Cigna Open Access Plus
- Coventry Advantra Freedom (PPO)*
- Coventry Advantra Gold (HMO)*
- Dual Option of AWH or PPO*
*Coventry Healthcare will no longer be accepted in 2019.
- Duke Basic
- Duke Select
- Gateway Health Medicare Assured Prime (HMO)
- Gateway Health Medicare Assured Select (HMO)
- Humana Choice (PPO)
- Humana ChoiceCare (PPO)
- Humana Gold Choice (PFFS)
- Humana Gold Plus (HMO)
- First Medicare Direct*
- Medicare Part A
- Medicare Part B
*This is for Wake County only.
- NC Medicaid*
*Not all Duke locations and doctors participate in this plan. Please contact the location you will be visiting to determine what is accepted.
- Optima Family Care (Medicaid HMO in VA)
- Optima Individual & Family (On & Off Exchange Plans)
- Optima Plus (PPO)
- Optima Vantage (HMO)
- TRICARE Extra*
- TRICARE for Life*
- TRICARE Prime*
- TRICARE Prime Remote*
- TRICARE Standard*
*Duke Primary Care does not participate with the plan.
- AARP Medicare Complete (HMO, PPO)*
- AARP Medicare Complete Essential (HMO)*
- All Savers Alternate Funding
- All Savers Fully Insured
- State Employee Health Plan (for retirees)
- United Healthcare (HMO, PPO, POS)
- United Healthcare Charter/Charter Balance/Charter Plus
- United Healthcare Choice/Choice Plus
- United Healthcare Core/Core Essential
- United Healthcare Navigate/Navigate Plus/Navigate Balanced
- United Healthcare of the River Valley
- United Healthcare Option PPO
- United Healthcare Options PPO with Harvard Pilgrim
- United Healthcare Passport Connect Choice/Choice Plus
- United Healthcare Passport Connect Options PPO
- United Healthcare Select/Select Plus
- United Medical Resources (UMR)
*Not all Duke hospitals and doctors participate in these plans. Please contact your insurance provider to determine what your financial responsibility will be for the health care service you require.
Please check your filter options and try again.
Our men’s health center is located on the 5th floor of the Duke Medicine Plaza (MOB 8) on Duke Raleigh Hospital's campus. We're located about a quarter mile from I-440 on Wake Forest Road, convenient to North Raleigh, downtown Raleigh, North Hills and central Wake County.