Duke University Hospital in Durham, NC is once again ranked among the nation’s best hospitals in U.S. News & World Report's 2016-2017 Best Hospitals Honor Roll. The hospital is ranked nationally in 13 adult and 10 pediatric specialties. It also received a rating of high performing in 9 other adult procedures/conditions.
Best Hospital in North Carolina
Duke University Hospital is also ranked as the best hospital in North Carolina and the best hospital in the Raleigh-Durham metro area.
Nationally Ranked Adult Specialties at Duke
Duke Achieves Highest Rating in 9 Adult Procedures/Conditions
In addition to specialties, U.S. News evaluates hospitals in several commonly performed medical procedures and conditions. Duke was rated high performing in nine adult procedures/conditions:
Nationally Ranked Children’s Specialties at Duke
- Pediatric cancer (#25)
- Pediatric cardiology and heart surgery (#22)
- Pediatric diabetes and endocrinology (#26)
- Pediatric gastroenterology and GI (#36)
- Pediatric neonatology (#15)
- Pediatric nephrology (#37)
- Pediatric neurology and neurosurgery (#25)
- Pediatric orthopaedics (#40)
- Pediatric pulmonology (#48)
- Pediatric urology (#50)
More than 5,000 hospitals are evaluated in the U.S. News analysis. Scores are based on a variety of factors related to patient outcomes and patient care.