Duke Orthopaedics of Raleigh
Schedule an appointment at our comprehensive orthopaedic clinic in Raleigh. Our general orthopedic doctors, foot and ankle specialists, spine surgeons, and hand surgeons evaluate and treat children, teens and adults. Our goal is to evaluate your pain or injury, and provide the most effective treatment options.
|8:00 am - 4:30 pm||8:00 am - 4:30 pm||8:00 am - 4:30 pm||8:00 am - 4:30 pm||8:00 am - 4:30 pm||Closed||Closed|
8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Find Out If You Need Joint Replacement Surgery
If you suffer from shoulder pain, knee pain or hip pain, our joint replacement experts can provide a full evaluation to see if you are a candidate for full or partial joint replacement surgery, including:
Back Pain and Spine Specialists In Raleigh
Our team of spine specialists and spine surgeons will perform comprehensive spinal exams to find the cause of your lower back pain, sciatic nerve pain or neck pain, and work with you to develop a plan of care that meets your needs. Treatment options (offered here or at other Duke Health locations) may include:
- Nonsurgical treatments for back and neck pain, including chiropractic services, physical therapy, epidural injections and nerve blocks. These services may be offered at other Duke Health locations.
- Back and spine surgery options, including disc replacement to relieve pain and swelling, and complex reconstructive surgeries for scoliosis.
Dedicated Hand and Wrist Pain Experts
Hand pain, wrist pain and elbow pain can be cause by a variety of conditions, including carpal tunnel syndrome, arthritis, joint dislocations, trigger finger, and overuse. Our hand and wrist experts treat pain and injuries with noninvasive therapies such as customized splinting and rehabilitation exercises, and our hand surgeons are leaders in innovative hand and wrist surgeries.
Conveniently Located Foot and Ankle Doctor
Our dedicated foot and ankle specialists can evaluate your foot pain or ankle pain caused by conditions including bunions, plantar fasciitis, sprained ankles, ankle instability, arthritis and Morton’s neuroma. Our doctors may use a variety of tests to diagnose the source of your pain and to determine if you are a candidate for foot or ankle surgery. If needed, our doctors can also administer localized steroid injections to relieve your foot, ankle or toe pain.
Raleigh Pediatric Orthopaedic Clinic
Whether your child has an orthopaedic issue like a broken bone or sports injury, or has been diagnosed with scoliosis, club foot, sarcomas, or cerebral palsy, our pediatric orthopedic doctors can help. You can trust your child’s orthopedic treatment and/or surgery will be tailored to your child's unique anatomy and health needs.
Sports Medicine Clinic for Teens and Adults
You don’t have to be an athlete to schedule an appointment with our sports medicine doctors. Our orthopedic doctors diagnose and treat teens and adults with injuries including, joint sprains and strains, arthritis, bone fractures, tendonitis and bursitis.
Schedule an Appointment To See our Doctors Today
If you need orthopedic care fast due to pain or injury, our doctors may see you the same day you call for an appointment. Learn more about scheduling an appointment within the next 24 hours.
Duke MyChart is our easy to use online patient portal. Duke MyChart gives you secure access to view test results, schedule appointments, request prescription refills, and communicate with your care team.
- Ankle pain, ankle injuries and ankle surgery
- Carpal tunnel surgery
- Computer-navigated joint replacement
- Foot pain, foot injuries and foot surgery
- Fracture care
- Hammer toe and bunion surgery
- Hip preservation surgery
- Joint replacements, including hip replacement surgery, knee replacement surgery and shoulder replacement surgery
- Knee pain, knee injury and arthroscopic knee surgery
- Localized steroid injections
- Shoulder pain, shoulder injury, and arthroscopic shoulder surgery and rotator cuff surgery
- Sports medicine
- Torn ACL treatment options, including ACL reconstruction
- X-rays are taken in clinic
- Convenient access to MRI, CT scans and advanced imaging on the Duke Raleigh Hospital campus
- Physical therapy services are also available on Duke Raleigh Hospital campus
Duke Health contracts with most major health insurance carriers and transplant networks, including the ones listed below. Before scheduling your appointment, we strongly recommend you contact your insurance company to verify that the Duke Health location or provider you plan to visit is included in your network. Your insurance company will also be able to inform you of any co-payments, co–insurances, or deductibles that will be your responsibility. If you proceed in scheduling an appointment and your health insurance benefits do not participate with Duke, your out of pocket liability may be higher. We will contact you regarding your coverage and patient liability. If you are uninsured, learn more about our financial assistance policy.
Below are the plans currently accepted in 2018. There are some changes to the plans accepted beginning January 1, 2019. More information will become available on PlanForDuke.com.
- Aetna Choice POS, Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice HMO, Aetna Open Access Elect Choice
- Aetna Health Network Only, Aetna Health Network Option
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Limited Benefit Insurance PPO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS
- Aetna Medicare HMO Open Access
- Aetna Medicare Plan (HMO, PPO)
- Aetna Medicare Premier Plan (PPO)
- Aetna Medicare Prime Plan (HMO, PPO)
- Aetna Open Access HMO, Open Access Aetna Select, Aetna Open Access Select, Aetna Open Access Managed Choice
- Aetna Open Choice PPO
- Aetna PCP Coordinated POS Plan
- Aetna Quality Point of Service (QPOS)
- Aetna Select HMO
- Aetna Traditional Choice
- Aetna Voluntary Indemnity Group Plan
- Aetna Whole Health – Duke WakeMed WKCC
- Blue Advantage
- Blue Local with Duke Health and WakeMed*
- Blue Medicare (HMO, PPO)**
- Blue Options (123, PPO, HSA)
- Blue Select
- NC State Employees Health Plan
- *BCBSNC will no longer offer Blue Local with Duke Health & WakeMed in 2019. Action may be needed on your part. Visit planforduke.com to learn more.
- **Duke HomeCare and Hospice does not participate in the plan.
- Cigna Choice Plus
- Cigna Open Access
- Cigna Open Access Plus
- Coventry Advantra Freedom (PPO)
- Coventry Advantra Gold (HMO)
- Dual Option of AWH or PPO
- Duke Basic
- Duke Select
- Gateway Health Medicare Assured Prime (HMO)
- Gateway Health Medicare Assured Select (HMO)
- Humana Choice (PPO)
- Humana ChoiceCare (PPO)
- Humana Gold Choice (PFFS)
- Humana Gold Plus (HMO)
- First Medicare Direct*
- Medicare Part A
- Medicare Part B
- *This is for Wake County only.
- NC Medicaid*
- * Not all Duke locations and doctors participate in this plan. Please contact the location you will be visiting to determine what is accepted.
- Optima Family Care (Medicaid HMO in VA)
- Optima Individual & Family (On & Off Exchange Plans)
- Optima Plus (PPO)
- Optima Vantage (HMO)
- TRICARE Extra*
- TRICARE for Life*
- TRICARE Prime*
- TRICARE Prime Remote*
- TRICARE Standard*
- *Duke Primary Care does not participate with the plan.
- AARP Medicare Complete (HMO, PPO)*
- AARP Medicare Complete Essential (HMO)*
- All Savers Alternate Funding
- All Savers Fully Insured
- State Employee Health Plan (for retirees)
- United Healthcare (HMO, PPO, POS)
- United Healthcare Charter/Charter Balance/Charter Plus
- United Healthcare Choice/Choice Plus
- United Healthcare Core/Core Essential
- United Healthcare Navigate/Navigate Plus/Navigate Balanced
- United Healthcare of the River Valley
- United Healthcare Option PPO
- United Healthcare Options PPO with Harvard Pilgrim
- United Healthcare Passport Connect Choice/Choice Plus
- United Healthcare Passport Connect Options PPO
- United Healthcare Select/Select Plus
- United Medical Resources (UMR)
- * Not all Duke hospitals and doctors participate in these plans. Please contact your insurance provider to determine what your financial responsibility will be for the health care service you require.
Duke Orthopaedics of Raleigh is located on the Duke Raleigh Hospital campus in the Duke Medicine Plaza. Our office is on Wake Forest Road, just north of Interstate 440.
Preparing For Your Visit
If you are visiting our office for you’re the first time, we ask that you bring:
- A list of your current medications
- Copies of any recent x-rays, CT scans or MRI images
If you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, please call us 24 hours prior to your appointment time.
There are two free parking decks available for visitors and patients. The most convenient to this clinic is Parking Deck 2, located to the left of Duke Raleigh Hospital's main entrance.