Duke Orthopaedics of Apex
Schedule an appointment with our Apex-based chiropractor, spine surgeons, physiatrists and sports medicine doctors today. Our goal is to evaluate your pain or injury, and provide you with the most effective treatment options. Sports injury and orthopaedic urgent care services are available in the same suite at Duke Sports Injury and Orthopaedic Urgent Care at Apex.
|8:00 am - 5:00 pm||8:00 am - 5:00 pm||8:00 am - 5:00 pm||8:00 am - 5:00 pm||8:00 am - 5:00 pm||Closed||Closed|
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Apex-Based Spine and Back Pain Clinic
If you are suffering from lower back pain, sciatic nerve pain or neck pain, our physiatrists and spine specialists will perform comprehensive spinal exams to find the cause of your pain and recommend the most effective treatment options. Back pain treatment options (available at this clinic or other Duke clinics) include:
- Nonsurgical treatments for back and neck pain, including chiropractic services, physical therapy, epidural injections and nerve blocks.
- Back or spinal surgery, which may be recommended if your pain does not improve with conservative treatments, or if you are diagnosed with a condition that requires surgery. Our spine surgeons offer a full range of spine surgery options, including disc replacement to relieve pain and swelling, and complex reconstructive surgeries for scoliosis or spinal stenosis.
Joint Treatments and Joint Replacement Surgery in Apex
- Ankle instability
- Claw toes
- Diabetic foot
- Hammer toe
- Heel pain
- Heel spurs
- Ligament and tendon injuries
- Plantar fasciitis
- Rheumatoid foot disorders
- Sports-related injuries
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Joint dislocations
- Trigger finger and overuse
If you suffer from shoulder pain, knee pain or hip pain, our joint replacement experts can provide a full evaluation to see if you are a candidate for full or partial joint replacement surgery, including:
Comprehensive Chiropractic Services in Apex
For your convenience, Duke Orthopaedics of Apex offers the full range of chiropractic services in our clinic, including manual manipulation, hot packs and electrical stimulation.
Sports Medicine Clinic for Children and Adults
Our sports medicine experts evaluate and treat injuries in professional, nonprofessional and recreational athletes of all ages. Sports injuries include joint sprains and strains, arthritis, fractures, tendonitis and bursitis.
Schedule an Appointment with One of our Orthopaedic Doctors Today
If you need orthopedic care fast due to pain or injury, our doctors may see you the same day you call for an appointment. Learn more about obtaining an appointment within the next 24 hours.
Duke MyChart is our easy to use online patient portal. Duke MyChart gives you secure access to view test results, schedule appointments, request prescription refills, and communicate with your care team.
- Onsite X-rays
Duke Health contracts with most major health insurance carriers and transplant networks, including the ones listed below. Before scheduling your appointment, we strongly recommend you contact your insurance company to verify that the Duke Health location or provider you plan to visit is included in your network. Your insurance company will also be able to inform you of any co-payments, co–insurances, or deductibles that will be your responsibility. If you proceed in scheduling an appointment and your health insurance benefits do not participate with Duke, your out of pocket liability may be higher. We will contact you regarding your coverage and patient liability. If you are uninsured, learn more about our financial assistance policy.
- Aetna Choice POS, Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice HMO, Aetna Open Access Elect Choice
- Aetna Health Network Only, Aetna Health Network Option
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Limited Benefit Insurance PPO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS
- Aetna Medicare HMO Open Access
- Aetna Medicare Plan (HMO, PPO)
- Aetna Medicare Premier Plan (PPO)
- Aetna Medicare Prime Plan (HMO, PPO)
- Aetna Open Access HMO, Open Access Aetna Select, Aetna Open Access Select, Aetna Open Access Managed Choice
- Aetna Open Choice PPO
- Aetna PCP Coordinated POS Plan
- Aetna Quality Point of Service (QPOS)
- Aetna Select HMO
- Aetna Traditional Choice
- Aetna Voluntary Indemnity Group Plan
- Aetna Whole Health – Duke WakeMed WKCC
- Ambetter of North Carolina
- Blue Advantage
- Blue Medicare (HMO, PPO)*
- Blue Options (123, PPO, HSA)
- Blue Select
- NC State Employees Health Plan
*Duke HomeCare and Hospice does not participate in the plan.
- Cigna Choice Plus
- Cigna Open Access
- Cigna Open Access Plus
- Duke Basic
- Duke Select
- Gateway Health Medicare Assured Prime (HMO)
- Gateway Health Medicare Assured Select (HMO)
- Humana Choice (PPO)
- Humana ChoiceCare (PPO)
- Humana Gold Choice (PFFS)
- Humana Gold Plus (HMO)
- First Medicare Direct*
- Medicare Part A
- Medicare Part B
*This is for Wake County only.
- NC Medicaid*
*Not all Duke locations and doctors participate in this plan. Please contact the location you will be visiting to determine what is accepted.
- Optima Family Care (Medicaid HMO in VA)
- Optima Individual & Family (On & Off Exchange Plans)
- Optima Plus (PPO)
- Optima Vantage (HMO)
- TRICARE Extra*
- TRICARE for Life*
- TRICARE Prime*
- TRICARE Prime Remote*
- TRICARE Standard*
*Duke Primary Care does not participate with the plan.
- AARP Medicare Complete (HMO, PPO)
- AARP Medicare Complete Essential (HMO)
- All Savers Alternate Funding
- All Savers Fully Insured
- State Employee Health Plan (for retirees)
- United Healthcare (HMO, PPO, POS)
- United Healthcare Charter/Charter Balance/Charter Plus
- United Healthcare Choice/Choice Plus
- United Healthcare Core/Core Essential
- United Healthcare Navigate/Navigate Plus/Navigate Balanced
- United Healthcare of the River Valley
- United Healthcare Option PPO
- United Healthcare Options PPO with Harvard Pilgrim
- United Healthcare Passport Connect Choice/Choice Plus
- United Healthcare Passport Connect Options PPO
- United Healthcare Select/Select Plus
- United Medical Resources (UMR)
Please check your filter options and try again.
Duke Orthopaedics of Apex is conveniently located in the building next to Duke Primary Care Apex and in the same suite as Duke Sports Injury and Orthopaedic Urgent Care at Apex off Highway 64 in Apex.
Preparing For Your Visit
If you are visiting our office for you’re the first time, we ask that you bring:
- A list of your current medications
- Copies of any recent medical records, x-rays, CT scans or MRI images regarding the issue at-hand
If you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, please call us 24 hours prior to your appointment time.
Free parking is available adjacent to our building.