Duke Orthopaedics Heritage
Schedule an appointment with our Wake Forest-based orthopaedic doctors and surgeons, spine surgeons, sports medicine doctors, physiatrists, and nurse practitioners today. The team at Duke Orthopaedics Heritage treats children, teens, and adults and offers surgical and non-surgical treatment options in a high quality and personalized environment. Our goal is to evaluate your pain or injury, and provide you with the most effective treatment options.
|8:30 am - 5:00 pm||8:30 am - 5:00 pm||8:30 am - 5:00 pm||8:30 am - 5:00 pm||8:30 am - 5:00 pm||Closed||Closed|
8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Wake Forest-Based Comprehensive Orthopaedic Care
Our providers offer comprehensive orthopaedic care to Wake Forest and the surrounding areas. If you are suffering from pain caused from back or spinal pain, joint pain or injuries, arthritis, injuries caused from sport accidents, or need orthopaedic surgery - schedule an appointment with one of our providers today.
Spine and Back Pain Treatment
If you are suffering from lower back pain, sciatic nerve pain or neck pain, our physiatrists and spine specialists will perform comprehensive spinal exams to find the cause of your pain and recommend the most effective treatment options. Spine specialists at Duke Orthopaedics Heritage can offer both surgical and non-surgical treatment options for your back and neck pain.
Joint Pain and Surgery
Our orthopaedic doctors and surgeons treat an array of joint pain and offer both surgical and non-surgical treatment options to these joint injuries and pain:
- Ankle pain and ankle injuries
- Elbow and upper arm pain and injuries
- Foot pain and injuries
- Hand and wrist conditions
- Hip pain and hip injuries
- Hip preservation surgery
- Joint replacement surgery
- Knee injuries and painful knee conditions
- Shoulder pain and shoulder injuries
Sports Medicine Clinic for Children and Adults
Our sports medicine experts evaluate and treat injuries in professional, nonprofessional and recreational athletes of all ages. Sports injuries include joint sprains and strains, arthritis, fractures, tendonitis and bursitis.
Schedule an Appointment with One of our Orthopaedic Doctors Today
If you need orthopedic care fast due to pain or injury, our doctors may see you the same day you call for an appointment. Learn more about obtaining an appointment within the next 24 hours.
- On-site X-Rays and radiology services
Duke Health contracts with most major health insurance carriers and transplant networks, including the ones listed below. Before scheduling your appointment, we strongly recommend you contact your insurance company to verify that the Duke Health location or provider you plan to visit is included in your network. Your insurance company will also be able to inform you of any co-payments, co–insurances, or deductibles that will be your responsibility. If you proceed in scheduling an appointment and your health insurance benefits do not participate with Duke, your out of pocket liability may be higher. We will contact you regarding your coverage and patient liability. If you are uninsured, learn more about our financial assistance policy.
Below are the plans currently accepted in 2018. There are some changes to the plans accepted beginning January 1, 2019. For a complete list of plans accepted in 2019 and to verify that your health plan includes Duke Health, please visit PlanForDuke.com.
- Aetna Choice POS, Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice HMO, Aetna Open Access Elect Choice
- Aetna Health Network Only, Aetna Health Network Option
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Limited Benefit Insurance PPO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS
- Aetna Medicare HMO Open Access
- Aetna Medicare Plan (HMO, PPO)
- Aetna Medicare Premier Plan (PPO)
- Aetna Medicare Prime Plan (HMO, PPO)
- Aetna Open Access HMO, Open Access Aetna Select, Aetna Open Access Select, Aetna Open Access Managed Choice
- Aetna Open Choice PPO
- Aetna PCP Coordinated POS Plan
- Aetna Quality Point of Service (QPOS)
- Aetna Select HMO
- Aetna Traditional Choice
- Aetna Voluntary Indemnity Group Plan
- Aetna Whole Health – Duke WakeMed WKCC
- Blue Advantage
- Blue Local with Duke Health and WakeMed*
- Blue Medicare (HMO, PPO)**
- Blue Options (123, PPO, HSA)
- Blue Select
- NC State Employees Health Plan
*BCBSNC will no longer offer Blue Local with Duke Health & WakeMed in 2019. Action may be needed on your part. Visit planforduke.com to learn more.
**Duke HomeCare and Hospice does not participate in the plan.
- Cigna Choice Plus
- Cigna Open Access
- Cigna Open Access Plus
- Coventry Advantra Freedom (PPO)*
- Coventry Advantra Gold (HMO)*
- Dual Option of AWH or PPO*
*Coventry Healthcare will no longer be accepted in 2019.
- Duke Basic
- Duke Select
- Gateway Health Medicare Assured Prime (HMO)
- Gateway Health Medicare Assured Select (HMO)
- Humana Choice (PPO)
- Humana ChoiceCare (PPO)
- Humana Gold Choice (PFFS)
- Humana Gold Plus (HMO)
- First Medicare Direct*
- Medicare Part A
- Medicare Part B
*This is for Wake County only.
- NC Medicaid*
*Not all Duke locations and doctors participate in this plan. Please contact the location you will be visiting to determine what is accepted.
- Optima Family Care (Medicaid HMO in VA)
- Optima Individual & Family (On & Off Exchange Plans)
- Optima Plus (PPO)
- Optima Vantage (HMO)
- TRICARE Extra*
- TRICARE for Life*
- TRICARE Prime*
- TRICARE Prime Remote*
- TRICARE Standard*
*Duke Primary Care does not participate with the plan.
- AARP Medicare Complete (HMO, PPO)*
- AARP Medicare Complete Essential (HMO)*
- All Savers Alternate Funding
- All Savers Fully Insured
- State Employee Health Plan (for retirees)
- United Healthcare (HMO, PPO, POS)
- United Healthcare Charter/Charter Balance/Charter Plus
- United Healthcare Choice/Choice Plus
- United Healthcare Core/Core Essential
- United Healthcare Navigate/Navigate Plus/Navigate Balanced
- United Healthcare of the River Valley
- United Healthcare Option PPO
- United Healthcare Options PPO with Harvard Pilgrim
- United Healthcare Passport Connect Choice/Choice Plus
- United Healthcare Passport Connect Options PPO
- United Healthcare Select/Select Plus
- United Medical Resources (UMR)
*Not all Duke hospitals and doctors participate in these plans. Please contact your insurance provider to determine what your financial responsibility will be for the health care service you require.
Please check your filter options and try again.
Duke Orthopaedics Heritage is a part of Duke Health Heritage and is conveniently located off South Main Street in Wake Forest, NC. This new, multi-specialty health facility is home to primary care and many specialty clinics.
As a Duke patient you have access to Duke MyChart, an online patient portal that makes it easier than ever to manage your health care online. Duke MyChart allows you to see your test results, request prescription refills, schedule appointments, and communicate with your provider – all online.
Preparing For Your Visit
Free, on-site parking is available.