Duke Gynecology Clinic - Clinic 1J
Duke Gynecology offers comprehensive counseling, evaluation and management of a full range of gynecological services, including minimally-invasive surgery. The department is dedicated to excellent patient care and service.
|8:00 am - 5:00 pm||8:00 am - 5:00 pm||8:00 am - 5:00 pm||8:00 am - 5:00 pm||8:00 am - 5:00 pm||Closed||Closed|
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Duke Gynecology Clinic - Clinic 1J is home to all of your Family Planning Services including:
Comprehensive Contraceptive Services
We specialize in innovative contraceptive techniques and provide comprehensive contraceptive services, especially for patients with complex medical issues. Some of these conditions include hypertension (high blood pressure), diabetes, coagulation disorders (blood clotting problems), history of blood clots (deep vein thrombosis or pulmonary embolism), cardiac disease, migraines, extensive uterine or cervical surgeries, or a compromised immune system.
- Sterilization including Essure tubal occlusion procedure
- IUD insertion and removal
- Nexplanon insertion and removal
- Emergency contraception
- Adolescent reproductive health care
- Counseling regarding all available and cutting edge research contraceptive methods to match the best method with your medical and social needs.
- Counseling and contraceptive management for LGBT patients
Medical and Surgical Termination of Pregnancy
We provide medical and surgical termination of pregnancy in a private and specialized environment. Our services include management of complicated pregnancies, mid-trimester pregnancies, and termination for fetal anomalies. All patients receive counseling regarding pregnancy options and procedures, ultrasound confirmation of pregnancy dating, and contraceptive options. We provide 24-hour patient phone contact for emergencies.
Management of Miscarriage
We provide services for women experiencing miscarriage, including medical treatment and surgical management of pregnancy loss in private, specialized and compassionate outpatient environment. In addition to comprehensive counseling and referral, we offer specialized support services to address emotional aspects of loss.
Visit planforduke.com to view the full list of plans Duke Health will accept in 2020 from each carrier or network.
Duke Health contracts with most major health insurance carriers and transplant networks, including the ones listed below. Before scheduling your appointment, we strongly recommend you contact your insurance company to verify that the Duke Health location or provider you plan to visit is included in your network. Your insurance company will also be able to inform you of any copayments, co–insurance, or deductibles that will be your responsibility. If you proceed in scheduling an appointment and your health insurance benefits do not participate with Duke, your out of pocket liability may be higher. We will contact you regarding your coverage and patient liability. If you are uninsured, learn more about our financial assistance policy.
- Aetna Choice POS, Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice HMO, Aetna Open Access Elect Choice
- Aetna Health Network Only, Aetna Health Network Option
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Limited Benefit Insurance PPO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS
- Aetna Medicare HMO Open Access
- Aetna Medicare Plan (HMO, PPO)
- Aetna Medicare Premier Plan (PPO)
- Aetna Medicare Prime Plan (HMO, PPO)
- Aetna Open Access HMO, Open Access Aetna Select, Aetna Open Access Managed Choice
- Aetna Open Choice PPO
- Aetna PCP Coordinated POS Plan
- Aetna Quality Point of Service (QPOS)
- Aetna Select HMO
- Aetna Traditional Choice
- Aetna Voluntary Indemnity Group Plan
- Aetna Whole Health – Duke WakeMed WKCC
- Ambetter of North Carolina
- Blue Advantage
- Blue Medicare (HMO, PPO)*
- Blue Options (123, PPO, HSA)
- Blue Select
- NC State Employees Health Plan
*Duke HomeCare and Hospice does not participate in the plan.
- Cigna Choice Plus
- Cigna Behavioral Health (*Limited eligibility)
- Cigna Open Access
- Cigna Open Access Plus
*Please call Cigna Behavioral Heath to see if the provider is participating in your plan.
- Duke Basic
- Duke Select
- Gateway Health Medicare Assured Prime (HMO)
- Gateway Health Medicare Assured Select (HMO)
- Humana Choice (PPO)
- Humana ChoiceCare (PPO)
- Humana Gold Choice (PFFS)
- Humana Gold Plus (HMO)
- First Medicare Direct*
- Medicare Part A
- Medicare Part B
*This is for Wake County only.
- NC Medicaid*
*Not all Duke locations and doctors participate in this plan. Please contact the location you will be visiting to determine what is accepted.
- Optima Family Care (Medicaid HMO in VA)
- Optima Individual & Family (On & Off Exchange Plans)
- Optima Plus (PPO)
- Optima Vantage (HMO)
- TRICARE Prime*
- TRICARE Prime Remote*
- TRICARE Select*
*Duke Primary Care does not participate with the plan.
- AARP Medicare Complete (HMO, PPO)
- AARP Medicare Complete Essential (HMO)
- All Savers Alternate Funding
- All Savers Fully Insured
- State Employee Health Plan (for retirees)
- United Healthcare (HMO, PPO, POS)
- United Healthcare Charter/Charter Balance/Charter Plus
- United Healthcare Choice/Choice Plus
- United Healthcare Core/Core Essential
- United Healthcare Navigate/Navigate Plus/Navigate Balanced
- United Healthcare of the River Valley
- United Healthcare Option PPO
- United Healthcare Options PPO with Harvard Pilgrim
- United Healthcare Passport Connect Choice/Choice Plus
- United Healthcare Passport Connect Options PPO
- United Healthcare Select/Select Plus
- United Medical Resources (UMR)
Please check your filter options and try again.
Preparing For Your Visit
Download a PDF guide that includes information on what to expect during your visit.
Give yourself plenty of time to get to your appointment. Your doctor may ask you to arrive early so that you can have lab tests completed before your examination. Even if this is not the case, we suggest that you should allow about 45 minutes to get to your appointment in addition to your travel time to Durham. This will allow you sufficient time to park, locate the building, get to the particular clinic you're visiting, and register. Duke Clinic is approximately a quarter of a mile from the nearest parking deck. Please note that appointments may be subject to being rescheduled upon late arrivals.
Informal clothing and comfortable shoes are appropriate attire for your visit.
Parking is available in the Duke Medicine Circle Parking garage on Trent Drive. Cost: $2 per hour or a maximum $8 per day. Discount parking coupons are at Duke University Hospital gift shops. Valet parking is available at the Duke Clinic entrance for $9 per day.