Durham Pediatrics at North Duke Street
Durham Pediatrics has served as a medical home for infants, children and adolescents since 1930. Our providers offer pediatric medical care, along with lab and lactation services, all in one convenient location. If you have an acute illness, same day appointments are available daily for new and established patients, including Saturday and Sunday.
|8:00 am - 6:00 pm||8:00 am - 6:00 pm||8:00 am - 6:00 pm||8:00 am - 6:00 pm||8:00 am - 6:00 pm||8:00 am - 10:00 am||8:00 am - 10:00 am|
8:00 am - 6:00 pm
8:00 am - 10:00 am
Durham Pediatrics at North Duke Street’s health care team includes pediatricians, and nurse practitioners who specialize in providing pediatric medical care for infants, children and adolescents up to 21 years of age.
Durham-Based Primary Care Providers
- Well-child care, routine check-ups and sick visits
- Annual physicals, school physicals and sports physicals
- Immunizations, including newborn and school-age vaccinations, and annual flu shots for children over six months
- Hearing, vision and developmental screenings
- Ongoing care for chronic conditions such as allergies, asthma and diabetes
- Lab tests
- ADHD and prematurity
- Lactation services
- Form completion: sports, camp and college physicals
- Nurse triage available for medical advice
- Prescription management
- Convenient nurse-only visit for immunizations, TB tests, etc.
If you need specialty care, your primary care provider can connect you with the Duke network of specialists who are ranked among the nation’s best. Our specialists have access to the latest research, technology, and medical advances, many of which are discovered at Duke Health. Because our electronic medical records system is accessible to every doctor and every facility at Duke, your medical record will be easily shared with your entire care team.
Manage Your Health Online
Duke MyChart is our easy-to-use online patient portal that helps you manage your health care online. Duke MyChart gives you secure access to view your test results, schedule appointments, request prescription refills, and communicate with your care team.
Lab Tests Online
Most lab work can be done right in our clinic, which saves you the time and hassle of going elsewhere.
Duke Health contracts with most major health insurance carriers and transplant networks, including the ones listed below. Before scheduling your appointment, we strongly recommend you contact your insurance company to verify that the Duke Health location or provider you plan to visit is included in your network. Your insurance company will also be able to inform you of any co-payments, co–insurances, or deductibles that will be your responsibility. If you proceed in scheduling an appointment and your health insurance benefits do not participate with Duke, your out of pocket liability may be higher. We will contact you regarding your coverage and patient liability. If you are uninsured, learn more about our financial assistance policy.
- Aetna Choice POS, Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice HMO, Aetna Open Access Elect Choice
- Aetna Health Network Only, Aetna Health Network Option
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Limited Benefit Insurance PPO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS
- Aetna Medicare HMO Open Access
- Aetna Medicare Plan (HMO, PPO)
- Aetna Medicare Premier Plan (PPO)
- Aetna Medicare Prime Plan (HMO, PPO)
- Aetna Open Access HMO, Open Access Aetna Select, Aetna Open Access Select, Aetna Open Access Managed Choice
- Aetna Open Choice PPO
- Aetna PCP Coordinated POS Plan
- Aetna Quality Point of Service (QPOS)
- Aetna Select HMO
- Aetna Traditional Choice
- Aetna Voluntary Indemnity Group Plan
- Aetna Whole Health – Duke WakeMed WKCC
- Blue Advantage
- Blue Local with Duke Health and WakeMed
- Blue Medicare (HMO, PPO)*
- Blue Options (123, PPO, HSA)
- Blue Select
- NC State Employees Health Plan
- *Duke HomeCare and Hospice does not participate in the plan.
- Cigna Choice Plus
- Cigna Open Access
- Cigna Open Access Plus
- Coventry Advantra Freedom (PPO)
- Coventry Advantra Gold (HMO)
- Dual Option of AWH or PPO
- Duke Basic
- Duke Select
- Gateway Health Medicare Assured Prime (HMO)
- Gateway Health Medicare Assured Select (HMO)
- Humana Choice (PPO)
- Humana ChoiceCare (PPO)
- Humana Gold Choice (PFFS)
- Humana Gold Plus (HMO)
- First Medicare Direct*
- Medicare Part A
- Medicare Part B
- *This is for Wake County only.
- NC Medicaid*
- * Not all Duke locations and doctors participate in this plan. Please contact the location you will be visiting to determine what is accepted.
- Optima Family Care (Medicaid HMO in VA)
- Optima Individual & Family (On & Off Exchange Plans)
- Optima Plus (PPO)
- Optima Vantage (HMO)
- AARP Medicare Complete (HMO, PPO)*
- AARP Medicare Complete Essential (HMO)*
- All Savers Alternate Funding
- All Savers Fully Insured
- State Employee Health Plan (for retirees)
- United Healthcare (HMO, PPO, POS)
- United Healthcare Charter/Charter Balance/Charter Plus
- United Healthcare Choice/Choice Plus
- United Healthcare Core/Core Essential
- United Healthcare Navigate/Navigate Plus/Navigate Balanced
- United Healthcare of the River Valley
- United Healthcare Option PPO
- United Healthcare Options PPO with Harvard Pilgrim
- United Healthcare Passport Connect Choice/Choice Plus
- United Healthcare Passport Connect Options PPO
- United Healthcare Select/Select Plus
- United Medical Resources (UMR)
- * Not all Duke hospitals and doctors participate in these plans. Please contact your insurance provider to determine what your financial responsibility will be for the health care service you require.
Our clinic is located off North Duke Street less than a mile north of I-85 – convenient to families in Durham, as well as greater Durham County. We are located within one mile of Duke Regional Hospital.
We provide personalized care in a comfortable environment.
Preparing For Your Visit
Free, convenient parking.