Duke Family Medicine Center
The Duke Family Medicine Center is a clinic in Durham offering comprehensive family medicine services for every member of the family, including annual physicals, sports physicals, ongoing care for chronic conditions such as allergies, asthma, and diabetes, and lab services, all in one convenient location.
|7:30 am - 5:00 pm||7:30 am - 5:00 pm||7:30 am - 5:00 pm||7:30 am - 5:00 pm||7:30 am - 5:00 pm||Closed||Closed|
7:30 am - 5:00 pm
Services provided at this location include:
- Family medicine
- Women's health and gynecological procedures
- Low-risk obstetrical care
- Well-child visits
- Annual physical exams for adults and seniors
- Anti-coagulation clinic
- Specialized care for older adults
- Pharmacotherapy clinic
- Visits to home-bound patients
- Social work services
- Non-operative musculoskeletal care
- Behavioral health care
- Smoking cessation clinic
- Hormone affirming therapy
- Screening for sexually transmitted diseases/infections
Services of Duke University Hospital Outpatient Departments include:
- Duke Family Medicine
Prenatal Care Program
We offer CenteringPregnancy® to eligible women in their first three months of pregnancy. This program provides prenatal care to eight to 12 pregnant women who are due at the same time, during two-hour visits. Moms have a one-on-one assessment with their provider and time for group sharing and discussion. Find out more about this program.
LGBTQ+ Culturally Sensitive and Knowledgeable Care
As Duke Family Medicine Center grows and expands its services, the clinic plans to offer more tailored health care services to its LGBTQ+ patients to meet their medical needs, all with a focus on cultural competency. For more information about services specifically geared toward the LGBTQ+ population, or if you are interested in becoming actively involved in helping shape positive clinical change, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lab Tests and X-rays
Most lab tests and X-rays can be done right in our clinic saving your family time.
Should the need arise, your provider can make referrals for specialty care, including connecting you directly with Duke's network of renowned specialists.
Manage Your Health Online
As a Duke patient you'll have access to Duke MyChart, an online patient portal that makes it easier than ever to manage your health care online. Duke MyChart allows you to see your test results, request prescription refills, schedule appointments, and communicate with your provider.
Walk With a Doc
You can make walking a part of your life through our free, monthly Walk With a Doc program. Every second Tuesday of every month at 5:30 pm – rain or shine - Walk With a Doc participants will meet in our lobby, take a walk through Sarah P. Duke Gardens, then return to the center. The walking path is approximately one mile. At least one of our providers will join the walkers, and be available to answer general health and medical questions. No registration is necessary. Just show up ready to walk. Friends, family and pets are welcome. Walkers should wear comfortable clothing and shoes.
Duke Health contracts with most major health insurance carriers and transplant networks, including the ones listed below. Before scheduling your appointment, we strongly recommend you contact your insurance company to verify that the Duke Health location or provider you plan to visit is included in your network. Your insurance company will also be able to inform you of any co-payments, co–insurances, or deductibles that will be your responsibility. If you proceed in scheduling an appointment and your health insurance benefits do not participate with Duke, your out of pocket liability may be higher. We will contact you regarding your coverage and patient liability. If you are uninsured, learn more about our financial assistance policy.
- Aetna Choice POS, Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice HMO, Aetna Open Access Elect Choice
- Aetna Health Network Only, Aetna Health Network Option
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Limited Benefit Insurance PPO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS
- Aetna Medicare HMO Open Access
- Aetna Medicare Plan (HMO, PPO)
- Aetna Medicare Premier Plan (PPO)
- Aetna Medicare Prime Plan (HMO, PPO)
- Aetna Open Access HMO, Open Access Aetna Select, Aetna Open Access Select, Aetna Open Access Managed Choice
- Aetna Open Choice PPO
- Aetna PCP Coordinated POS Plan
- Aetna Quality Point of Service (QPOS)
- Aetna Select HMO
- Aetna Traditional Choice
- Aetna Voluntary Indemnity Group Plan
- Aetna Whole Health – Duke WakeMed WKCC
- Blue Advantage
- Blue Local with Duke Health and WakeMed
- Blue Medicare (HMO, PPO)*
- Blue Options (123, PPO, HSA)
- Blue Select
- NC State Employees Health Plan
- *Duke HomeCare and Hospice does not participate in the plan.
- Cigna Choice Plus
- Cigna Open Access
- Cigna Open Access Plus
- Coventry Advantra Freedom (PPO)
- Coventry Advantra Gold (HMO)
- Dual Option of AWH or PPO
- Duke Basic
- Duke Select
- Gateway Health Medicare Assured Prime (HMO)
- Gateway Health Medicare Assured Select (HMO)
- Humana Choice (PPO)
- Humana ChoiceCare (PPO)
- Humana Gold Choice (PFFS)
- Humana Gold Plus (HMO)
- First Medicare Direct*
- Medicare Part A
- Medicare Part B
- *This is for Wake County only.
- NC Medicaid*
- * Not all Duke locations and doctors participate in this plan. Please contact the location you will be visiting to determine what is accepted.
- Optima Family Care (Medicaid HMO in VA)
- Optima Individual & Family (On & Off Exchange Plans)
- Optima Plus (PPO)
- Optima Vantage (HMO)
- TRICARE Extra*
- TRICARE for Life*
- TRICARE Prime*
- TRICARE Prime Remote*
- TRICARE Standard*
- *Duke Primary Care does not participate with the plan.
- AARP Medicare Complete (HMO, PPO)*
- AARP Medicare Complete Essential (HMO)*
- All Savers Alternate Funding
- All Savers Fully Insured
- State Employee Health Plan (for retirees)
- United Healthcare (HMO, PPO, POS)
- United Healthcare Charter/Charter Balance/Charter Plus
- United Healthcare Choice/Choice Plus
- United Healthcare Core/Core Essential
- United Healthcare Navigate/Navigate Plus/Navigate Balanced
- United Healthcare of the River Valley
- United Healthcare Option PPO
- United Healthcare Options PPO with Harvard Pilgrim
- United Healthcare Passport Connect Choice/Choice Plus
- United Healthcare Passport Connect Options PPO
- United Healthcare Select/Select Plus
- United Medical Resources (UMR)
- * Not all Duke hospitals and doctors participate in these plans. Please contact your insurance provider to determine what your financial responsibility will be for the health care service you require.
Duke Family Medicine has been awarded the highest level recognition by the National Committee for Quality Assurance Patient-Centered Medical Home Program (PCMH). The practice has maintained this recognition as a Level 3 PCMH since 2008.
Preparing For Your Visit
Our clinic is located in the Marshall I. Pickens Building on Erwin Road, near the Durham Freeway's Trent Drive interchange – convenient to families in Durham and greater Durham County.
Free, convenient parking.