In addition to convenience and collaboration, the Duke Cancer Center was designed with patient comfort and healing in mind.
Some of the unique, patient-centered features of the building include:
- Spacious, comfortable waiting areas in each clinic with large windows and a volunteer-staffed hospitality station
- The Quiet Room (located on the main level) for personal reflection and meditation
- Large infusion rooms where patients can choose to sit with others or receive treatment in private
- Bernstein Family Garden, an outdoor rooftop garden area where patients -- based on their treatment regimen -- can receive chemotherapy outdoors
- Dedicated spaces where patients can speak with research nurses about clinical trials
- The Patient Resource Center, located on the main level (0) of the Cancer Center, where experts can help you find information about specific cancers and the latest treatments, connect with support groups, financial resources and more. Open Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- The Specialty Pharmacy, located on the main level (0) of the Cancer Center. It cares for the unique needs of Cancer Center patients. Open Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. For more information, call 919-613-3990.
- A café offering a health-focused menu with occasional cooking demonstrations. The café is located on the main level (0) and is open Monday - Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- The Belk Boutique, located on the main level (0), where patients can select head coverings and have consultations for post-surgical garments