Southeastern Orthopedics Shoulder Center
Schedule an appointment with our orthopaedic doctors and sports medicine specialists in Raleigh. We treat children and adults using effective non-surgical and surgical treatment options to relieve pain and restore function after sports injuries and overuse injuries that affect the knee, hip and shoulder. Our goal is to return you to the activities and sports you enjoy.
|8:00 am - 4:30 pm||7:30 am - 5:00 pm||8:00 am - 4:30 pm||7:30 am - 5:00 pm||8:00 am - 4:00 pm||Closed||Closed|
8:00 am - 4:30 pm
7:30 am - 5:00 pm
8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Our Raleigh-based orthopaedic surgeons treat the full spectrum of sports-related injuries as well as injuries caused by wear and tear on your joints, including:
- Knee injuries: ACL tears, knee cap dislocations, meniscal tears
- Hip injuries: hip impingement
- Shoulder and elbow injuries: rotator cuff tears, frozen shoulder, shoulder dislocation, shoulder instability, thrower’s shoulder, shoulder arthritis and elbow injuries
- Muscle, tendon and cartilage injuries: tendonitis, bursitis, labral and ligament tears
Nonsurgical Pain Relief
Whenever possible, we use nonsurgical treatments options, including joint injections and physical therapy to relieve pain, strengthen muscles and restore joint movement.
Minimally Invasive and Open Surgical Options
When surgery is recommended, we use arthroscopy, a minimally invasive approach to diagnose and repair joint injuries. This procedure can be performed on an out-patient basis. It requires small incisions, which reduces pain and speeds your recovery. Traditional, open surgery may be recommended for extensive injuries or when shoulder replacement is needed.
Schedule an Appointment for an Orthopedic Exam Today
If you need orthopedic care fast due to pain or injury, our doctors or nurse practitioners may see you the same day you call for an appointment. Learn more about obtaining an appointment within the next 24 hours.
Manage Your Health Online
Duke MyChart is our easy to use online patient portal that helps you manage your health care online. Duke MyChart gives you secure access to view your test results, schedule appointments, request prescription refills, and communicate with your care team.
Shoulder x-rays are taken in the clinic.
Duke Health contracts with most major health insurance carriers and transplant networks, including the ones listed below. Before scheduling your appointment, we strongly recommend you contact your insurance company to verify that the Duke Health location or provider you plan to visit is included in your network. Your insurance company will also be able to inform you of any co-payments, co–insurances, or deductibles that will be your responsibility. If you proceed in scheduling an appointment and your health insurance benefits do not participate with Duke, your out of pocket liability may be higher. We will contact you regarding your coverage and patient liability. If you are uninsured, learn more about our financial assistance policy.
Below are the plans currently accepted in 2018. There are some changes to the plans accepted beginning January 1, 2019. For a complete list of plans accepted in 2019 and to verify that your health plan includes Duke Health, please visit PlanForDuke.com.
- Aetna Choice POS, Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice HMO, Aetna Open Access Elect Choice
- Aetna Health Network Only, Aetna Health Network Option
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Limited Benefit Insurance PPO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS
- Aetna Medicare HMO Open Access
- Aetna Medicare Plan (HMO, PPO)
- Aetna Medicare Premier Plan (PPO)
- Aetna Medicare Prime Plan (HMO, PPO)
- Aetna Open Access HMO, Open Access Aetna Select, Aetna Open Access Select, Aetna Open Access Managed Choice
- Aetna Open Choice PPO
- Aetna PCP Coordinated POS Plan
- Aetna Quality Point of Service (QPOS)
- Aetna Select HMO
- Aetna Traditional Choice
- Aetna Voluntary Indemnity Group Plan
- Aetna Whole Health – Duke WakeMed WKCC
- Blue Advantage
- Blue Local with Duke Health and WakeMed*
- Blue Medicare (HMO, PPO)**
- Blue Options (123, PPO, HSA)
- Blue Select
- NC State Employees Health Plan
*BCBSNC will no longer offer Blue Local with Duke Health & WakeMed in 2019. Action may be needed on your part. Visit planforduke.com to learn more.
**Duke HomeCare and Hospice does not participate in the plan.
- Cigna Choice Plus
- Cigna Open Access
- Cigna Open Access Plus
- Coventry Advantra Freedom (PPO)*
- Coventry Advantra Gold (HMO)*
- Dual Option of AWH or PPO*
*Coventry Healthcare will no longer be accepted in 2019.
- Duke Basic
- Duke Select
- Gateway Health Medicare Assured Prime (HMO)
- Gateway Health Medicare Assured Select (HMO)
- Humana Choice (PPO)
- Humana ChoiceCare (PPO)
- Humana Gold Choice (PFFS)
- Humana Gold Plus (HMO)
- First Medicare Direct*
- Medicare Part A
- Medicare Part B
*This is for Wake County only.
- NC Medicaid*
*Not all Duke locations and doctors participate in this plan. Please contact the location you will be visiting to determine what is accepted.
- Optima Family Care (Medicaid HMO in VA)
- Optima Individual & Family (On & Off Exchange Plans)
- Optima Plus (PPO)
- Optima Vantage (HMO)
- TRICARE Extra*
- TRICARE for Life*
- TRICARE Prime*
- TRICARE Prime Remote*
- TRICARE Standard*
*Duke Primary Care does not participate with the plan.
- AARP Medicare Complete (HMO, PPO)*
- AARP Medicare Complete Essential (HMO)*
- All Savers Alternate Funding
- All Savers Fully Insured
- State Employee Health Plan (for retirees)
- United Healthcare (HMO, PPO, POS)
- United Healthcare Charter/Charter Balance/Charter Plus
- United Healthcare Choice/Choice Plus
- United Healthcare Core/Core Essential
- United Healthcare Navigate/Navigate Plus/Navigate Balanced
- United Healthcare of the River Valley
- United Healthcare Option PPO
- United Healthcare Options PPO with Harvard Pilgrim
- United Healthcare Passport Connect Choice/Choice Plus
- United Healthcare Passport Connect Options PPO
- United Healthcare Select/Select Plus
- United Medical Resources (UMR)
*Not all Duke hospitals and doctors participate in these plans. Please contact your insurance provider to determine what your financial responsibility will be for the health care service you require.
Please check your filter options and try again.
Southeastern Orthopedics Shoulder Center is conveniently located on the Duke Raleigh Hospital campus on Wake Forest Road just off of Interstate 440, the Inner Beltline, in Raleigh, NC.
In current times, the delivery of healthcare can be very large and impersonal. At Southeastern Orthopedics, our staff strives to make your experience exceed your expectations. We provide personalized care in a comfortable environment.
Preparing For Your Visit
If you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, please call us 24 hours prior to your appointment time.
Please bring to your appointment:
- A list of your current medications
- Copies of any recent x-rays, CT scans or MRI images of your shoulder
- Any medical records regarding your shoulder
- Southeastern Orthopedics Shoulder Center New Patient Questionnaire (PDF, 218.41 KB)
Duke Raleigh Hospital has two free parking decks available for visitors and patients. The most convenient to this clinic is Parking Deck 1, located to to the right of Medical Office Building 6.