Piedmont Spine Specialists
Schedule an appointment with our Raleigh-based physiatrists and spine doctors to evaluate and relieve your back pain, disc pain, hip pain, neck pain or other musculoskeletal pain. Our goal is to develop a treatment plan that will promptly relieve your back pain, and return you to your normal daily activities.
|8:00 am - 4:30 pm||8:00 am - 4:30 pm||8:00 am - 4:30 pm||8:00 am - 4:30 pm||8:00 am - 4:30 pm||Closed||Closed|
8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Find the Cause of Your Back or Neck Pain
During your first appointment, the physiatrists at Piedmont Spine Specialists will perform a comprehensive spinal exam and use the latest imaging techniques to diagnose the cause and location of your back pain. Our spine specialists will work with you to determine a plan of care that meets your individualized needs.
Non-Surgical Treatments for Chronic Back Pain
Our patients are always evaluated to see whether back pain can be addressed using non-surgical treatments options. Non-surgical treatments for back pain include:
- Facet joint injections
- Sacroiliac joint injections
- Epidural steroid injections
- Targeted nerve blocks
Referral to Duke Back and Spine Surgeons
If your pain does not improve with conservative treatments, or if you are diagnosed with a condition that requires surgery, you may be referred to a back or spinal surgeon. Duke’s spine surgeons perform the full range of spine surgery options, from disc replacement to relieve pain and swelling, to complex reconstructive surgeries for scoliosis, and procedures to remove delicate spinal cancer lesions. Whenever possible, our spine surgeons use minimally invasive surgical techniques, so you benefit from faster recoveries, fewer complications and less pain.
Schedule an Appointment to See Our Doctors Today
If you need care fast due to back pain or back injury, our doctors may see you the same day you call for an appointment. Learn more about obtaining an appointment within the next 24 hours.
Manage Your Health Online
Duke MyChart is our easy to use online patient portal that helps you manage your health care online. Duke MyChart gives you secure access to view your test results, schedule appointments, request prescription refills and communicate with your care team.
Piedmont Spine Specialists offer on-site diagnostic imaging including X-rays, MRI and electromyography (EMG) which may be used to assess electrical activity in people with back pain.
Duke Health contracts with most major health insurance carriers and transplant networks, including the ones listed below. Before scheduling your appointment, we strongly recommend you contact your insurance company to verify that the Duke Health location or provider you plan to visit is included in your network. Your insurance company will also be able to inform you of any co-payments, co–insurances, or deductibles that will be your responsibility. If you are uninsured, learn more about our financial assistance policy.
- Aetna Choice POS, Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice HMO, Aetna Open Access Elect Choice
- Aetna Health Network Only, Aetna Health Network Option
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Limited Benefit Insurance PPO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS
- Aetna Medicare HMO Open Access
- Aetna Medicare Plan (HMO, PPO)
- Aetna Medicare Premier Plan (PPO)
- Aetna Medicare Prime Plan (HMO, PPO)
- Aetna Open Access HMO, Open Access Aetna Select, Aetna Open Access Select, Aetna Open Access Managed Choice
- Aetna Open Choice PPO
- Aetna PCP Coordinated POS Plan
- Aetna Quality Point of Service (QPOS)
- Aetna Select HMO
- Aetna Traditional Choice
- Aetna Voluntary Indemnity Group Plan
- Aetna Whole Health – Duke WakeMed WKCC
- Blue Advantage
- Blue Local with Duke Health and WakeMed
- Blue Medicare (HMO, PPO)*
- Blue Options (123, PPO, HSA)
- Blue Select
- NC State Employees Health Plan
- *Duke HomeCare and Hospice does not participate in the plan.
- Cigna Choice Plus
- Cigna Open Access
- Cigna Open Access Plus
- Coventry Advantra Freedom (PPO)
- Coventry Advantra Gold (HMO)
- Dual Option of AWH or PPO
- Duke Basic
- Duke Select
- Gateway Health Medicare Assured Prime (HMO)
- Gateway Health Medicare Assured Select (HMO)
- Humana Choice (PPO)
- Humana ChoiceCare (PPO)
- Humana Gold Choice (PFFS)
- Humana Gold Plus (HMO)
- First Medicare Direct*
- Medicare Part A
- Medicare Part B
- *This is for Wake County only.
- NC Medicaid*
- * Not all Duke locations and doctors participate in this plan. Please contact the location you will be visiting to determine what is accepted.
- Optima Family Care (Medicaid HMO in VA)
- Optima Individual & Family (On & Off Exchange Plans)
- Optima Plus (PPO)
- Optima Vantage (HMO)
- TRICARE Extra*
- TRICARE for Life*
- TRICARE Prime*
- TRICARE Prime Remote*
- TRICARE Standard*
- *Duke Primary Care does not participate with the plan.
- AARP Medicare Complete (HMO, PPO)*
- AARP Medicare Complete Essential (HMO)*
- All Savers Alternate Funding
- All Savers Fully Insured
- State Employee Health Plan (for retirees)
- United Healthcare (HMO, PPO, POS)
- United Healthcare Charter/Charter Balance/Charter Plus
- United Healthcare Choice/Choice Plus
- United Healthcare Core/Core Essential
- United Healthcare Navigate/Navigate Plus/Navigate Balanced
- United Healthcare of the River Valley
- United Healthcare Option PPO
- United Healthcare Options PPO with Harvard Pilgrim
- United Healthcare Passport Connect Choice/Choice Plus
- United Healthcare Passport Connect Options PPO
- United Healthcare Select/Select Plus
- United Medical Resources (UMR)
- * Not all Duke hospitals and doctors participate in these plans. Please contact your insurance provider to determine what your financial responsibility will be for the health care service you require.
Piedmont Spine Specialists is located on the Duke Raleigh Hospital campus in the Duke Medicine Plaza. Our office is on Wake Forest Road, just north of Interstate 440.
Preparing For Your Visit
If you are visiting our office for you’re the first time, we ask that you bring:
- A list of your current medications
- Copies of any recent medical records, x-rays, CT scans or MRI images regarding the issue at-hand
If you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, please call us 24 hours prior to your appointment time.
There are two free parking decks available for visitors and patients. The most convenient to this clinic is Parking Deck 2, located to the left of Duke Raleigh Hospital's main entrance.