Orthopaedic urgent care
Fast treatment for orthopaedic injuries including sprains, strains, fractures and ligament tearsCall for an appointment
Sprains, strains, broken bones, ligament and cartilage tears require fast medical attention. We offer orthopaedic urgent care at two convenient locations to children and adults every day of the week including evenings and weekends. Walk-ins are welcome.
Fast care for all orthopaedic and sports injuries
It's an unfortunate fact that sports injuries are part of the game, regardless of what game you or your child plays. ACL tears, ankle sprains, shoulder dislocations and broken bones occur without warning. Regardless of whether you are injured playing a sport, out for a walk, or are experiencing a flare-up, urgent orthopaedic attention will identify the right treatment for your painful orthopaedic injury and prevent a more serious injury in the future.
Duke Orthopaedics offers urgent care for sports injuries and other orthopaedic injuries at two convenient Durham locations:
- Duke Sports Injury and Urgent Care at Page Road (convenient to Cary and Morrisville residents)
- Duke Sports Injury and Urgent Care at Duke Sports Sciences Institute
Orthopaedic urgent care can be a better, more cost-effective option than emergency room care (unless your injury is life-threatening or severe) because you avoid long waits and potential exposure to sick people.
Our providers treat children and adults with sports and/or orthopaedic injuries including:
- Foot pain and injuries, including heel pain and ligament injuries
- Ankle pain and injuries, including ankle sprains, ankle fractures and torn ankle ligaments
- Hip pain and injuries, including hip bursitis and IT band pain
- Shoulder pain and injuries, including shoulder dislocation and rotator cuff injuries
- Elbow pain and injuries including golf and tennis elbow
- Knee pain and injuries including torn ACLs, meniscal tears and kneecap fractures and dislocation
- Wrist pain and injuries including sprained wrists and fractures
Experience the convenience of orthopedic urgent care
At Duke's orthopaedics urgent care, you'll have the convenience of:
- Fast service without long waits or unnecessary exposure to contagious illness
- X-rays and lab tests in one location
- Wound dressing, splints or casts as needed
- Referrals to an orthopaedic specialist for follow-up
Our secure electronic medical records system, Duke MyChart, is accessible to every doctor and every facility at Duke, so your care will always be coordinated. As a Duke patient, you’ll also have access to Duke MyChart. The online patient portal makes it easy to manage your health care online.