Duke Sports Injury and Orthopaedic Urgent Care at Apex
If you or your child have a sports injury, sprain, strain or bone fracture, visit our urgent care walk-in clinic in Apex for fast treatment. Come in as soon as treatment is needed -- our orthopedic urgent care providers are available after hours and on weekends, and no appointment is necessary. We also have two other sports injury and urgent care clinics available at the Sports Sciences Institute and Page Road in Durham.
|1:00 pm - 8:30 pm||1:00 pm - 8:30 pm||1:00 pm - 8:30 pm||1:00 pm - 8:30 pm||1:00 pm - 8:30 pm||8:00 am - 1:30 pm||8:00 am - 1:30 pm|
1:00 pm - 8:30 pm
8:00 am - 1:30 pm
Walk-in Orthopedic Urgent Care
Duke Sports Injury and Orthopaedic Urgent Care at Apex is dedicated to providing fast treatment for sprains, strains, fractures and other orthopedic injuries. Orthopaedic urgent care can be a better, more cost-effective option than emergency room care (unless your injury is life-threatening or severe) because you avoid long waits and potential exposure to sick people.
Fast Care for Pain and Injuries in Apex
Injuries like sprains, strains, broken bones, ligament and cartilage tears require fast medical attention. Our orthopaedic providers are specially trained to provide immediate treatment for:
- Wound dressing
- X-rays and lab tests
Injured In the Evening or On the Weekend?
Injuries can happen at any time. Our orthopedic doctors are available during the week until 8:30 pm and on Saturday and Sunday to treat your injury. No appointment is needed, same day service is available, and walk-ins are welcome.
- Foot pain and injuries, including heel pain and ligament injuries
- Ankle pain and injuries, including ankle sprains, ankle fractures and torn ankle ligaments
- Hip pain and injuries, including hip bursitis and IT band pain
- Shoulder pain and injuries, including shoulder dislocation and rotator cuff injuries
- Elbow pain and injuries, including golf and tennis elbow
- Knee pain and injuries, including torn ACLs, meniscal tears and kneecap fractures and dislocation
- Wrist pain and injuries, including sprained wrists and fractures
- Back pain, neck pain and injuries
- Sprains, strains and dislocations
- Bone fractures
- Ligament tears
- Cast or splint issues
- Sports injuries
Visit planforduke.com to view the full list of plans Duke Health will accept in 2020 from each carrier or network.
Duke Health contracts with most major health insurance carriers and transplant networks, including the ones listed below. Before scheduling your appointment, we strongly recommend you contact your insurance company to verify that the Duke Health location or provider you plan to visit is included in your network. Your insurance company will also be able to inform you of any copayments, co–insurance, or deductibles that will be your responsibility. If you proceed in scheduling an appointment and your health insurance benefits do not participate with Duke, your out of pocket liability may be higher. We will contact you regarding your coverage and patient liability. If you are uninsured, learn more about our financial assistance policy.
- Aetna Choice POS, Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice HMO, Aetna Open Access Elect Choice
- Aetna Health Network Only, Aetna Health Network Option
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Limited Benefit Insurance PPO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS
- Aetna Medicare HMO Open Access
- Aetna Medicare Plan (HMO, PPO)
- Aetna Medicare Premier Plan (PPO)
- Aetna Medicare Prime Plan (HMO, PPO)
- Aetna Open Access HMO, Open Access Aetna Select, Aetna Open Access Select, Aetna Open Access Managed Choice
- Aetna Open Choice PPO
- Aetna PCP Coordinated POS Plan
- Aetna Quality Point of Service (QPOS)
- Aetna Select HMO
- Aetna Traditional Choice
- Aetna Voluntary Indemnity Group Plan
- Aetna Whole Health – Duke WakeMed WKCC
- Ambetter of North Carolina
- Blue Advantage
- Blue Medicare (HMO, PPO)*
- Blue Options (123, PPO, HSA)
- Blue Select
- NC State Employees Health Plan
*Duke HomeCare and Hospice does not participate in the plan.
- Cigna Choice Plus
- Cigna Behavioral Health (*Limited eligibility)
- Cigna Open Access
- Cigna Open Access Plus
*Please call Cigna Behavioral Heath to see if the provider is participating in your plan.
- Duke Basic
- Duke Select
- Gateway Health Medicare Assured Prime (HMO)
- Gateway Health Medicare Assured Select (HMO)
- Humana Choice (PPO)
- Humana ChoiceCare (PPO)
- Humana Gold Choice (PFFS)
- Humana Gold Plus (HMO)
- First Medicare Direct*
- Medicare Part A
- Medicare Part B
*This is for Wake County only.
- NC Medicaid*
*Not all Duke locations and doctors participate in this plan. Please contact the location you will be visiting to determine what is accepted.
- Optima Family Care (Medicaid HMO in VA)
- Optima Individual & Family (On & Off Exchange Plans)
- Optima Plus (PPO)
- Optima Vantage (HMO)
- TRICARE Extra*
- TRICARE for Life*
- TRICARE Prime*
- TRICARE Prime Remote*
- TRICARE Standard*
*Duke Primary Care does not participate with the plan.
- AARP Medicare Complete (HMO, PPO)
- AARP Medicare Complete Essential (HMO)
- All Savers Alternate Funding
- All Savers Fully Insured
- State Employee Health Plan (for retirees)
- United Healthcare (HMO, PPO, POS)
- United Healthcare Charter/Charter Balance/Charter Plus
- United Healthcare Choice/Choice Plus
- United Healthcare Core/Core Essential
- United Healthcare Navigate/Navigate Plus/Navigate Balanced
- United Healthcare of the River Valley
- United Healthcare Option PPO
- United Healthcare Options PPO with Harvard Pilgrim
- United Healthcare Passport Connect Choice/Choice Plus
- United Healthcare Passport Connect Options PPO
- United Healthcare Select/Select Plus
- United Medical Resources (UMR)
Please check your filter options and try again.
Preparing For Your Visit
Free parking is available adjacent to our building.