Duke Primary Care North Hills
If you are an established patient, schedule an appointment with our internal medicine physicians in Raleigh. Our doctors are available to see adult men and women for preventive care or physical exams. If you have an acute illness, same day appointments are often available for established patients.
|8:00 am - 5:00 pm||8:00 am - 5:00 pm||8:00 am - 5:00 pm||8:00 am - 5:00 pm||8:00 am - 5:00 pm||Closed||Closed|
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Raleigh-Based Internal Medicine Physicians
The health care team at Duke Primary Care North Hills includes internal medicine doctors, nurse practitioners and physician assistants who specialize in providing medical care for patients 18 years and older.
Internal Medicine for Adults
- Annual physical exams, check-ups and health screenings
- Sports physicals
- Preventative care and diagnostics
- Diabetes education and nutrition counseling
- Sick visits for acute illnesses like flu, cold, sinus infections and sore throats
- Immunizations, including annual flu shots
- Chronic illness management, including high blood pressure and high cholesterol
- Women's health care and gynecological screenings, including PAP smears and breast exams
- Lab tests
When necessary, your primary care physician can make referrals for specialty care -- connecting you directly with Duke's network of renowned specialists. No matter who you see at Duke Health, your care will always be coordinated through our electronic medical records system, which is accessible to every doctor and every facility at Duke.
Manage Your Health Online
Duke MyChart is our easy to use online patient portal that helps you manage your health care online. Duke MyChart gives you secure access to view your test results, schedule appointments, request prescription refills and send messages to your care team.
Most lab work can be done in our clinic, saving you the time and inconvenience of going elsewhere.
Duke Health contracts with most major health insurance carriers and transplant networks, including the ones listed below. Before scheduling your appointment, we strongly recommend you contact your insurance company to verify that the Duke Health location or provider you plan to visit is included in your network. Your insurance company will also be able to inform you of any co-payments, co–insurances, or deductibles that will be your responsibility. If you proceed in scheduling an appointment and your health insurance benefits do not participate with Duke, your out of pocket liability may be higher. We will contact you regarding your coverage and patient liability. If you are uninsured, learn more about our financial assistance policy.
- Aetna Choice POS, Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice HMO, Aetna Open Access Elect Choice
- Aetna Health Network Only, Aetna Health Network Option
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Limited Benefit Insurance PPO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS
- Aetna Medicare HMO Open Access
- Aetna Medicare Plan (HMO, PPO)
- Aetna Medicare Premier Plan (PPO)
- Aetna Medicare Prime Plan (HMO, PPO)
- Aetna Open Access HMO, Open Access Aetna Select, Aetna Open Access Select, Aetna Open Access Managed Choice
- Aetna Open Choice PPO
- Aetna PCP Coordinated POS Plan
- Aetna Quality Point of Service (QPOS)
- Aetna Select HMO
- Aetna Traditional Choice
- Aetna Voluntary Indemnity Group Plan
- Aetna Whole Health – Duke WakeMed WKCC
- Ambetter of North Carolina
- Blue Advantage
- Blue Medicare (HMO, PPO)*
- Blue Options (123, PPO, HSA)
- Blue Select
- NC State Employees Health Plan
*Duke HomeCare and Hospice does not participate in the plan.
- Cigna Choice Plus
- Cigna Open Access
- Cigna Open Access Plus
- Duke Basic
- Duke Select
- Gateway Health Medicare Assured Prime (HMO)
- Gateway Health Medicare Assured Select (HMO)
- Humana Choice (PPO)
- Humana ChoiceCare (PPO)
- Humana Gold Choice (PFFS)
- Humana Gold Plus (HMO)
- First Medicare Direct*
- Medicare Part A
- Medicare Part B
*This is for Wake County only.
- NC Medicaid*
*Not all Duke locations and doctors participate in this plan. Please contact the location you will be visiting to determine what is accepted.
- Optima Family Care (Medicaid HMO in VA)
- Optima Individual & Family (On & Off Exchange Plans)
- Optima Plus (PPO)
- Optima Vantage (HMO)
- AARP Medicare Complete (HMO, PPO)
- AARP Medicare Complete Essential (HMO)
- All Savers Alternate Funding
- All Savers Fully Insured
- State Employee Health Plan (for retirees)
- United Healthcare (HMO, PPO, POS)
- United Healthcare Charter/Charter Balance/Charter Plus
- United Healthcare Choice/Choice Plus
- United Healthcare Core/Core Essential
- United Healthcare Navigate/Navigate Plus/Navigate Balanced
- United Healthcare of the River Valley
- United Healthcare Option PPO
- United Healthcare Options PPO with Harvard Pilgrim
- United Healthcare Passport Connect Choice/Choice Plus
- United Healthcare Passport Connect Options PPO
- United Healthcare Select/Select Plus
- United Medical Resources (UMR)
Please check your filter options and try again.
Duke Primary Care North Hills is located on the 3rd floor of Medical Office Building 6 (MOB 6) on Duke Raleigh Hospital's campus. We're located about a quarter mile from I-440 on Wake Forest Road, across the street from Bahama Breeze Restaurant –- convenient to North Raleigh, downtown Raleigh, North Hills and central Wake County.
Duke Primary Care is recognized as a Primary Care Medical Home by the Joint Commission. Read more.
Preparing For Your Visit
If you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, please call us 24 hours prior to your appointment time. We would also like to request that you bring your medication bottles and arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment.