Duke Neurosurgery of Raleigh
Duke Neurosurgery of Raleigh offers a multidisciplinary team of experts specializing in complex diseases of the brain and spine.
|8:00 am - 4:30 pm||8:00 am - 4:30 pm||8:00 am - 4:30 pm||8:00 am - 4:30 pm||8:00 am - 4:30 pm||Closed||Closed|
8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Patients will have access to all of the advantages of a large academic hospital including the cutting-edge research and treatments of Duke Division of Neurosurgery and the Duke Brain Tumor Center, offered in a convenient and inviting local setting.
Our team of doctors will work closely with you to ensure that you and your loved ones have the best neurosurgery care possible.
Surgical services offered at this location include:
- Treatment of primary and metastatic tumors of the brain and spinal cord
- Minimally invasive surgery of the spine
- Complex and reconstructive surgery of the spine for degenerative conditions and disc disease
- Treatment of benign and malignant tumors of the base of the skull
- Treatment of pituitary tumors
- Endovascular treatment of acute ischemic stroke
- Endovascular and microsurgical treatment of ruptured and unruptured cerebral aneurysms and arteriovenous malformations
- Diagnostic monitoring and surgical treatment of epilepsy
- Treatment of benign and malignant tumors of the peripheral nervous system and surgical treatment of peripheral nerve entrapment syndromes (including carpal tunnel syndrome)
- Treatment of Chiari malformations and other disorders of the craniocervical junction
- Cerebrospinal fluid shunting for hydrocephalus
- Surgical and endovascular treatment of extracranial and intracranial carotid artery and vertebrobasilar atherosclerotic disease.
Duke Health contracts with most major health insurance carriers and transplant networks, including the ones listed below. Before scheduling your appointment, we strongly recommend you contact your insurance company to verify that the Duke Health location or provider you plan to visit is included in your network. Your insurance company will also be able to inform you of any co-payments, co–insurances, or deductibles that will be your responsibility. If you proceed in scheduling an appointment and your health insurance benefits do not participate with Duke, your out of pocket liability may be higher. We will contact you regarding your coverage and patient liability. If you are uninsured, learn more about our financial assistance policy.
- Aetna Choice POS, Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice HMO, Aetna Open Access Elect Choice
- Aetna Health Network Only, Aetna Health Network Option
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Limited Benefit Insurance PPO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS
- Aetna Medicare HMO Open Access
- Aetna Medicare Plan (HMO, PPO)
- Aetna Medicare Premier Plan (PPO)
- Aetna Medicare Prime Plan (HMO, PPO)
- Aetna Open Access HMO, Open Access Aetna Select, Aetna Open Access Select, Aetna Open Access Managed Choice
- Aetna Open Choice PPO
- Aetna PCP Coordinated POS Plan
- Aetna Quality Point of Service (QPOS)
- Aetna Select HMO
- Aetna Traditional Choice
- Aetna Voluntary Indemnity Group Plan
- Aetna Whole Health – Duke WakeMed WKCC
- Ambetter of North Carolina
- Blue Advantage
- Blue Medicare (HMO, PPO)*
- Blue Options (123, PPO, HSA)
- Blue Select
- NC State Employees Health Plan
*Duke HomeCare and Hospice does not participate in the plan.
- Cigna Choice Plus
- Cigna Open Access
- Cigna Open Access Plus
- Duke Basic
- Duke Select
- Gateway Health Medicare Assured Prime (HMO)
- Gateway Health Medicare Assured Select (HMO)
- Humana Choice (PPO)
- Humana ChoiceCare (PPO)
- Humana Gold Choice (PFFS)
- Humana Gold Plus (HMO)
- First Medicare Direct*
- Medicare Part A
- Medicare Part B
*This is for Wake County only.
- NC Medicaid*
*Not all Duke locations and doctors participate in this plan. Please contact the location you will be visiting to determine what is accepted.
- Optima Family Care (Medicaid HMO in VA)
- Optima Individual & Family (On & Off Exchange Plans)
- Optima Plus (PPO)
- Optima Vantage (HMO)
- TRICARE Extra*
- TRICARE for Life*
- TRICARE Prime*
- TRICARE Prime Remote*
- TRICARE Standard*
*Duke Primary Care does not participate with the plan.
- AARP Medicare Complete (HMO, PPO)
- AARP Medicare Complete Essential (HMO)
- All Savers Alternate Funding
- All Savers Fully Insured
- State Employee Health Plan (for retirees)
- United Healthcare (HMO, PPO, POS)
- United Healthcare Charter/Charter Balance/Charter Plus
- United Healthcare Choice/Choice Plus
- United Healthcare Core/Core Essential
- United Healthcare Navigate/Navigate Plus/Navigate Balanced
- United Healthcare of the River Valley
- United Healthcare Option PPO
- United Healthcare Options PPO with Harvard Pilgrim
- United Healthcare Passport Connect Choice/Choice Plus
- United Healthcare Passport Connect Options PPO
- United Healthcare Select/Select Plus
- United Medical Resources (UMR)
Please check your filter options and try again.
If you’re a physician who wants to refer a patient, please call the Duke Raleigh Skull Base Center Neuro Navigator at 919-862-5567.
- For patients: Have your doctor fax your most recent clinical notes and MRI reports to our office, and we will be happy to review the information and arrange a prompt appointment.
- For physicians: If you would like to refer a patient to us, please contact us.