Duke Outpatient Clinic
Schedule an appointment with our primary care doctors in Durham. Our providers offer services for adults ages 18 and over, including ongoing care for chronic conditions, such as asthma, arthritis, diabetes, and high blood pressure. Same-day appointments are available for patients who are in need of acute care. We can address most urgent care concerns.
|8:00 am - 5:30 pm||8:00 am - 5:30 pm||8:00 am - 5:30 pm||8:00 am - 5:30 pm||8:00 am - 5:30 pm||Closed||Closed|
8:00 am - 5:30 pm
Duke Health offers different types of primary care for every member of your family.
The Duke Outpatient Clinic health care team includes internal medicine primary care doctors and nurse practitioners who specialize in providing medical care for men and women over the age of 18.
Internal Medicine for Adults
- Chronic condition management, including high blood pressure and high cholesterol
- Sick visits for acute illnesses like flu, cold, sinus infections and sore throats
- Immunizations, including annual flu shots and travel vaccinations
- Preventative care
- Smoking cessation to assist patients who want to quit smoking
- Diabetes education and nutrition counseling programs recognized by the American Diabetes Association
- Women's health care and gynecological screenings, including PAP smears
- Annual physical exams, check-ups, and health screenings
- Most lab work can be done right in our clinic
Your Care Team
This clinic is a residency training site. Most visits will involve a team which includes a resident physician and attending physician.
Care coordinators are also available to help patients organize transportation for doctor visits, manage prescription refills, and schedule medical appointments.
If you need specialty care, your primary care doctor can connect you with the Duke network of specialists who are ranked among the nation’s best. Our specialists have access to the latest research, technology, and medical advances, many of which are discovered at Duke Health. Because our electronic medical records system is accessible to every doctor and every facility at Duke, your medical record will be easily shared with your entire care team.
Manage Your Health Online
Duke MyChart is our easy to use online patient portal that helps you manage your health care online. Duke MyChart gives you secure access to view your test results, schedule appointments, request prescription refills and communicate with your care team.
Duke Health contracts with most major health insurance carriers and transplant networks, including the ones listed below. Before scheduling your appointment, we strongly recommend you contact your insurance company to verify that the Duke Health location or provider you plan to visit is included in your network. Your insurance company will also be able to inform you of any co-payments, co–insurances, or deductibles that will be your responsibility. If you proceed in scheduling an appointment and your health insurance benefits do not participate with Duke, your out of pocket liability may be higher. We will contact you regarding your coverage and patient liability. If you are uninsured, learn more about our financial assistance policy.
- Aetna Choice POS, Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice HMO, Aetna Open Access Elect Choice
- Aetna Health Network Only, Aetna Health Network Option
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Limited Benefit Insurance PPO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS
- Aetna Medicare HMO Open Access
- Aetna Medicare Plan (HMO, PPO)
- Aetna Medicare Premier Plan (PPO)
- Aetna Medicare Prime Plan (HMO, PPO)
- Aetna Open Choice PPO
- Aetna PCP Coordinated POS Plan
- Aetna Quality Point of Service (QPOS)
- Aetna Select HMO
- Aetna Traditional Choice
- Aetna Voluntary Indemnity Group Plan
- Aetna Whole Health – Duke WakeMed WKCC
- Ambetter of North Carolina
- Blue Advantage
- Blue Medicare (HMO, PPO)*
- Blue Options (123, PPO, HSA)
- Blue Select
- NC State Employees Health Plan
*Duke HomeCare and Hospice does not participate in the plan.
- Cigna Choice Plus
- Cigna Open Access
- Cigna Open Access Plus
- Duke Basic
- Duke Select
- Gateway Health Medicare Assured Prime (HMO)
- Gateway Health Medicare Assured Select (HMO)
- Humana Choice (PPO)
- Humana ChoiceCare (PPO)
- Humana Gold Choice (PFFS)
- Humana Gold Plus (HMO)
- First Medicare Direct*
- Medicare Part A
- Medicare Part B
*This is for Wake County only.
- NC Medicaid*
- Optima Family Care (Medicaid HMO in VA)
- Optima Individual & Family (On & Off Exchange Plans)
- Optima Plus (PPO)
- Optima Vantage (HMO)
- TRICARE Extra*
- TRICARE for Life*
- TRICARE Prime*
- TRICARE Prime Remote*
- TRICARE Standard*
*Duke Primary Care does not participate with the plan.
- AARP Medicare Complete (HMO, PPO)
- AARP Medicare Complete Essential (HMO)
- All Savers Alternate Funding
- All Savers Fully Insured
- State Employee Health Plan (for retirees)
- United Healthcare (HMO, PPO, POS)
- United Healthcare Charter/Charter Balance/Charter Plus
- United Healthcare Choice/Choice Plus
- United Healthcare Core/Core Essential
- United Healthcare Navigate/Navigate Plus/Navigate Balanced
- United Healthcare of the River Valley
- United Healthcare Option PPO
- United Healthcare Options PPO with Harvard Pilgrim
- United Healthcare Passport Connect Choice/Choice Plus
- United Healthcare Passport Connect Options PPO
- United Healthcare Select/Select Plus
- United Medical Resources (UMR)
Please check your filter options and try again.
Preparing For Your Visit
If you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, please call us 24 hours prior to your appointment time.