Duke Health Center of Clayton
Our board-certified internal medicine doctors provide personalized care for adults ages 18 and older. Our internists offer annual physicals, pap smears, and breast exams, as well as ongoing care for chronic conditions. Same day appointments for acute conditions such as urinary tract infections, sore throats and skin infections are available.
|8:00 am - 5:00 pm||8:00 am - 5:00 pm||8:00 am - 5:00 pm||8:00 am - 5:00 pm||8:00 am - 5:00 pm||Closed||Closed|
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Clayton-based Internal Medicine Physicians for Adults
At Duke Health Center of Clayton, our goal is to always schedule your appointment with your primary care physician – the doctor who knows you best and has developed a relationship with you.
Our doctors offer physical exams including:
- Annual wellness exams and annual physicals
- Women’s pap smears and breast exams
If you need specialty care, your primary care doctor can connect you with the Duke network of specialists, as well as other community-based specialists. Duke specialists have access to the latest research, technology and medical advances. Because our electronic medical records system is accessible to every doctor and every facility at Duke, as well as UNC and WakeMed, your medical record can be easily shared with your entire care team.
Manage your Health Online
Our medical practice offers Duke MyChart, our easy to use online patient portal that helps you manage your health care online. Duke MyChart gives you secure access to view your test results, schedule appointments, request prescription refills and communicate with your care team.
Duke Health contracts with most major health insurance carriers and transplant networks, including the ones listed below. Before scheduling your appointment, we strongly recommend you contact your insurance company to verify that the Duke Health location or provider you plan to visit is included in your network. Your insurance company will also be able to inform you of any co-payments, co–insurances, or deductibles that will be your responsibility. If you proceed in scheduling an appointment and your health insurance benefits do not participate with Duke, your out of pocket liability may be higher. We will contact you regarding your coverage and patient liability. If you are uninsured, learn more about our financial assistance policy.
Below are the plans currently accepted in 2018. There are some changes to the plans accepted beginning January 1, 2019. More information will become available on PlanForDuke.com.
- Aetna Choice POS, Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice HMO, Aetna Open Access Elect Choice
- Aetna Health Network Only, Aetna Health Network Option
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Limited Benefit Insurance PPO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS
- Aetna Medicare HMO Open Access
- Aetna Medicare Plan (HMO, PPO)
- Aetna Medicare Premier Plan (PPO)
- Aetna Medicare Prime Plan (HMO, PPO)
- Aetna Open Access HMO, Open Access Aetna Select, Aetna Open Access Select, Aetna Open Access Managed Choice
- Aetna Open Choice PPO
- Aetna PCP Coordinated POS Plan
- Aetna Quality Point of Service (QPOS)
- Aetna Select HMO
- Aetna Traditional Choice
- Aetna Voluntary Indemnity Group Plan
- Aetna Whole Health – Duke WakeMed WKCC
- Blue Advantage
- Blue Local with Duke Health and WakeMed*
- Blue Medicare (HMO, PPO)**
- Blue Options (123, PPO, HSA)
- Blue Select
- NC State Employees Health Plan
- *BCBSNC will no longer offer Blue Local with Duke Health & WakeMed in 2019. Action may be needed on your part. Visit planforduke.com to learn more.
- **Duke HomeCare and Hospice does not participate in the plan.
- Cigna Choice Plus
- Cigna Open Access
- Cigna Open Access Plus
- Coventry Advantra Freedom (PPO)
- Coventry Advantra Gold (HMO)
- Dual Option of AWH or PPO
- Duke Basic
- Duke Select
- Gateway Health Medicare Assured Prime (HMO)
- Gateway Health Medicare Assured Select (HMO)
- Humana Choice (PPO)
- Humana ChoiceCare (PPO)
- Humana Gold Choice (PFFS)
- Humana Gold Plus (HMO)
- First Medicare Direct*
- Medicare Part A
- Medicare Part B
- *This is for Wake County only.
- NC Medicaid*
- * Not all Duke locations and doctors participate in this plan. Please contact the location you will be visiting to determine what is accepted.
- Optima Family Care (Medicaid HMO in VA)
- Optima Individual & Family (On & Off Exchange Plans)
- Optima Plus (PPO)
- Optima Vantage (HMO)
- TRICARE Extra*
- TRICARE for Life*
- TRICARE Prime*
- TRICARE Prime Remote*
- TRICARE Standard*
- *Duke Primary Care does not participate with the plan.
- AARP Medicare Complete (HMO, PPO)*
- AARP Medicare Complete Essential (HMO)*
- All Savers Alternate Funding
- All Savers Fully Insured
- State Employee Health Plan (for retirees)
- United Healthcare (HMO, PPO, POS)
- United Healthcare Charter/Charter Balance/Charter Plus
- United Healthcare Choice/Choice Plus
- United Healthcare Core/Core Essential
- United Healthcare Navigate/Navigate Plus/Navigate Balanced
- United Healthcare of the River Valley
- United Healthcare Option PPO
- United Healthcare Options PPO with Harvard Pilgrim
- United Healthcare Passport Connect Choice/Choice Plus
- United Healthcare Passport Connect Options PPO
- United Healthcare Select/Select Plus
- United Medical Resources (UMR)
- * Not all Duke hospitals and doctors participate in these plans. Please contact your insurance provider to determine what your financial responsibility will be for the health care service you require.
Our clinic is located just off of NC 42, less than a half-mile from the US-70/Clayton Bypass – convenient to those living or working in Clayton, Garner, Cleveland, eastern Wake County, and greater Johnston County.
Preparing For Your Visit
New patients will be mailed a packet of forms prior to the first appointment. We ask that patients complete these forms and arrive 20 minutes prior to their scheduled appointment time. To ensure that we have the information needed to address your healthcare needs, we ask patients to bring the following items to every appointment:
- Current insurance card
- Photo identification
- Medication list
If you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, please make sure to call us 24 hours prior to your appointment time.
What to Expect During the Visit
Upon arrival, our staff will confirm your registration information. If your insurance plan requires a co-payment, we will ask for payment at check-in. Our office accepts cash, personal checks, or credit/debit card as forms of payment.
What to Expect After the Visit
Our parent company, Duke Private Diagnostic Clinics, will submit a claim to your insurance company on your behalf. If there is any remaining balance, you will be sent a bill in the mail or via Duke MyChart. If you have any questions about a bill please contact our office at 919-550-6133 and we will be happy to assist you.
Free, convenient parking is available in front of the building.