Duke University Hospital Chapel
Located on the 6th floor between patient units 6100 and 6300, the chapel is open 24 hours per day, seven days per week people of all faiths for prayer, meditation and reflection.
- Pre - 10:30 am - Bikkur Cholim (page 970-8215 to request Jewish community visit)
- 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm - Jumu'ah Prayer (contact Br. Mahmood at pager 970-5461)
- After 4:30 pm - Family Shabbat (page 970-8215 to reserve chapel for Shabbos)
- 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm - Roman Catholic Mass (celebrant, priest chaplain/Fr. Nakireru)
If you are a patient, please plan ahead with your nurse for your transportation to the hospital.
Duke Medicine Pavilion Chapel
Located on the first floor between the Information desk and the Pavilion cafe, the chapel is open 24 hours per day, seven days per week, except during regularly scheduled services and programs. The chapel is also reserved 15 minutes before and after each service. Please help us keep the chapel a sacred space for all who visit. No food or drink is allowed.
- 12:30 pm -1:00 pm - Duke Women Prayer and Meditation
- Noon - 1:00 pm - Roman Catholic Mass
- 1:00 pm -1:30 pm - Jumu'ah Service
Televised Religious Services (Hospital TV Channel 50)
- 9:00 pm - 10:00 pm - Duke Chapel Catholic Mass
- 11:00 am - noon - Duke Chapel Protestant Service
Please visit the Duke University Hospital interfaith chapel and the Duke Medicine Pavilion interfaith chapel as you wish. If you have questions, please call Pastoral Services at 919-684-3586 (Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm) or have a staff person page the on-call chaplain at 919-970-8215.
Additional Duke University Programs
Additional religious and spiritual programs available through Duke University include:
The Buddhist Meditation Community
Duke Catholic Center
The Freeman Center for Jewish Life
Duke Hindu Students Association (Facebook group)
Duke Muslim Students Association
Duke University Chapel