Depending on your child’s specific needs, they may have one or more of the following tests.
- Blood tests for blood type, kidney and liver function, and more
- Imaging studies including a chest X-ray, renal ultrasound, EKG, and an echocardiogram
- An infection screening for hepatitis, HIV, tuberculosis, and other infections
- A psychological assessment
- A dental exam to check for infections
They may also have appointments with specialists -- for example, a urologist -- for additional testing and assessment of their underlying kidney condition.