Home Care and Hospice
Duke Homecare & Hospice works closely with your physician to provide comprehensive, individualized care in the comfort of your home. This allows you to maintain your independence, and also has been shown to reduce recovery time and lessen pain. Our dedicated team of nurses, therapists, social workers, counselors and chaplains are specially trained to meet your and your family’s needs as you manage advanced medical conditions. Whether you are recovering from treatment, need ongoing medical therapy or require end-of-life support, we deliver quality care and convenience.
Duke Homecare & Hospice offers:
- Home care. We offer a broad range of home care health services, including physical, occupational and speech therapy, geriatric care, pain management, wound care and more.
- Home infusions. Under the direction of your physician, our nurses and pharmacists work closely with you to ensure medications like chemotherapy or antibiotics are administered at the proper dose and at the right time, and that the site of infusion is well maintained.
- A wide service area. We provide infusion therapy and homecare to patients throughout North Carolina, South Carolina and Virginia.
- Hospice and palliative care. Duke Hospice provides the resources necessary to meet your and your loved ones’ physical, emotional and spiritual needs, whether you are at home, in a hospital or at our inpatient care facility. Our goal is to help you and your caregivers manage terminal illness effectively and face the end of life with dignity and comfort.
- Grief counseling. Our bereavement services program provides support to Triangle residents who are coping with the loss of a loved one. We offer short-term individual grief counseling, support groups, grief workshops as well as programs tailored to children and teens.