Duke Health Center South Durham
Duke Health Center South Durham opened January 2018 and offers a wide variety of services to meet your health needs — from heart care to children's primary care to eye care, and more.
Please contact individual clinics for clinic hours.
Please contact individual clinics for clinic hours.
In January 2018, many new clinics began opening at Duke Health Center South Durham. Some clinics you are already familiar with are also be relocating to the new South Durham Health Center building.
Duke Health Center South Durham includes:
- Duke Cardiology South Durham
- Duke Children's Primary Care South Durham
- Duke Dermatology South Durham
- Duke Endocrinology South Durham
- Duke Executive Health South Durham
- Duke Eye Center South Durham (formerly known as Duke Eye Center at Southpoint)
- Duke Infusion South Durham
- Duke International Medicine South Durham
- Duke Nephrology South Durham
- Durham Obstetrics and Gynecology (OB-GYN) South Durham (formerly known as Durham Obstetrics and Gynecology (OB-GYN) Sutton Station)
- Duke Otolaryngology South Durham
- Duke Physical and Occupational Therapy South Durham
- Duke Primary Care South Durham (formerly known as Sutton Station Internal Medicine)
- Duke Pulmonary South Durham
- Duke Rheumatology South Durham
- Duke Signature Care South Durham
Duke Health contracts with most major health insurance carriers and transplant networks, including the ones listed below. Before scheduling your appointment, we strongly recommend you contact your insurance company to verify that the Duke Health location or provider you plan to visit is included in your network. Your insurance company will also be able to inform you of any co-payments, co–insurances, or deductibles that will be your responsibility. If you are uninsured, learn more about our financial assistance policy.
- Aetna Choice POS, Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice HMO, Aetna Open Access Elect Choice
- Aetna Health Network Only, Aetna Health Network Option
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Limited Benefit Insurance PPO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS
- Aetna Medicare HMO Open Access
- Aetna Medicare Plan (HMO, PPO)
- Aetna Medicare Premier Plan (PPO)
- Aetna Medicare Prime Plan (HMO, PPO)
- Aetna Open Access HMO, Open Access Aetna Select, Aetna Open Access Select, Aetna Open Access Managed Choice
- Aetna Open Choice PPO
- Aetna PCP Coordinated POS Plan
- Aetna Quality Point of Service (QPOS)
- Aetna Select HMO
- Aetna Traditional Choice
- Aetna Voluntary Indemnity Group Plan
- Aetna Whole Health – Duke WakeMed WKCC
- Blue Advantage
- Blue Local with Duke Health and WakeMed
- Blue Medicare (HMO, PPO)*
- Blue Options (123, PPO, HSA)
- Blue Select
- NC State Employees Health Plan
- *Duke HomeCare and Hospice does not participate in the plan.
- Cigna Choice Plus
- Cigna Open Access
- Cigna Open Access Plus
- Coventry Advantra Freedom (PPO)
- Coventry Advantra Gold (HMO)
- Dual Option of AWH or PPO
- Duke Basic
- Duke Select
- Gateway Health Medicare Assured Prime (HMO)
- Gateway Health Medicare Assured Select (HMO)
- Humana Choice (PPO)
- Humana ChoiceCare (PPO)
- Humana Gold Choice (PFFS)
- Humana Gold Plus (HMO)
- First Medicare Direct*
- Medicare Part A
- Medicare Part B
- *This is for Wake County only.
- NC Medicaid*
- * Not all Duke locations and doctors participate in this plan. Please contact the location you will be visiting to determine what is accepted.
- Optima Family Care (Medicaid HMO in VA)
- Optima Individual & Family (On & Off Exchange Plans)
- Optima Plus (PPO)
- Optima Vantage (HMO)
- TRICARE Extra*
- TRICARE for Life*
- TRICARE Prime*
- TRICARE Prime Remote*
- TRICARE Standard*
- *Duke Primary Care does not participate with the plan.
- AARP Medicare Complete (HMO, PPO)*
- AARP Medicare Complete Essential (HMO)*
- All Savers Alternate Funding
- All Savers Fully Insured
- State Employee Health Plan (for retirees)
- United Healthcare (HMO, PPO, POS)
- United Healthcare Charter/Charter Balance/Charter Plus
- United Healthcare Choice/Choice Plus
- United Healthcare Core/Core Essential
- United Healthcare Navigate/Navigate Plus/Navigate Balanced
- United Healthcare of the River Valley
- United Healthcare Option PPO
- United Healthcare Options PPO with Harvard Pilgrim
- United Healthcare Passport Connect Choice/Choice Plus
- United Healthcare Passport Connect Options PPO
- United Healthcare Select/Select Plus
- United Medical Resources (UMR)
- * Not all Duke hospitals and doctors participate in these plans. Please contact your insurance provider to determine what your financial responsibility will be for the health care service you require.
Conveniently located just off I-40, at the intersection of Highway 54 and Fayetteville St. Duke Health Center South Durham is a new, state-of-the-art, multi-specialty health facility, offering primary care for adults and children, and a broad range of in-house specialty clinics.
Most lab tests can be done right in our clinic – saving your family time.
Should the need arise, your provider can make referrals for specialty care, including connecting you directly with one of Duke's renowned specialists practicing on-site.
As a Duke patient you have access to Duke MyChart, an online patient portal that makes it easier than ever to manage your health care online. Duke MyChart allows you to see your test results, request prescription refills, schedule appointments, and communicate with your provider – all online.
Preparing For Your Visit
Free onsite parking is available.