Duke Center for Eating Disorders
Duke Center for Eating Disorders helps children and adolescents overcome eating disorders through comprehensive, individualized treatment.
|8:00 am - 5:00 pm||8:00 am - 5:00 pm||8:00 am - 5:00 pm||8:00 am - 5:00 pm||8:00 am - 5:00 pm||Closed||Closed|
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Our team of specialists help children and adolescents overcome eating disorders that include full spectrum of eating disorders and body image issues, including anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, binge eating, Selective Eating Disorder (SED) also known as picky eating or Avoidant Restrictive Food Intake Disorder (ARFID) and obesity. We work closely with you and your family to understand the symptoms and their impact and use proven methods to help you learn to live fully in your body and be free to live a vital, meaningful life.
Our treatment approach takes into consideration your personal issues and challenges, as well as your experiences within your family and community We offer a range of therapy options, as well as access to clinical trials that are exploring new treatments. We strongly encourage family participation because our experience shows that families grow stronger together when they are involved in their loved one’s treatment.
Depending on your individual needs, your team of experts will include specialists in many areas, including psychiatrists, psychologists, gastroenterologists, endocrinologists, social workers, physical therapists and nutritionists. We also work closely with other Duke specialists if you have complex conditions such as diabetes, and other endocrine disorders.
Extreme picky eating, which is often referred to as selective eating disorder, is now officially recognized as Avoidant/Restrictive Food Intake Disorder. Treatment is offered to children and adults who live near to Duke.
Duke Health contracts with most major health insurance carriers and transplant networks, including the ones listed below. Before scheduling your appointment, we strongly recommend you contact your insurance company to verify that the Duke Health location or provider you plan to visit is included in your network. Your insurance company will also be able to inform you of any co-payments, co–insurances, or deductibles that will be your responsibility. If you proceed in scheduling an appointment and your health insurance benefits do not participate with Duke, your out of pocket liability may be higher. We will contact you regarding your coverage and patient liability. If you are uninsured, learn more about our financial assistance policy.
- Aetna Choice POS, Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice HMO, Aetna Open Access Elect Choice
- Aetna Health Network Only, Aetna Health Network Option
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Limited Benefit Insurance PPO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS
- Aetna Medicare HMO Open Access
- Aetna Medicare Plan (HMO, PPO)
- Aetna Medicare Premier Plan (PPO)
- Aetna Medicare Prime Plan (HMO, PPO)
- Aetna Open Access HMO, Open Access Aetna Select, Aetna Open Access Select, Aetna Open Access Managed Choice
- Aetna Open Choice PPO
- Aetna PCP Coordinated POS Plan
- Aetna Quality Point of Service (QPOS)
- Aetna Select HMO
- Aetna Traditional Choice
- Aetna Voluntary Indemnity Group Plan
- Aetna Whole Health – Duke WakeMed WKCC
- Ambetter of North Carolina
- Blue Advantage
- Blue Medicare (HMO, PPO)*
- Blue Options (123, PPO, HSA)
- Blue Select
- NC State Employees Health Plan
*Duke HomeCare and Hospice does not participate in the plan.
- Cigna Choice Plus
- Cigna Open Access
- Cigna Open Access Plus
- Duke Basic
- Duke Select
- Gateway Health Medicare Assured Prime (HMO)
- Gateway Health Medicare Assured Select (HMO)
- Humana Choice (PPO)
- Humana ChoiceCare (PPO)
- Humana Gold Choice (PFFS)
- Humana Gold Plus (HMO)
- First Medicare Direct*
- Medicare Part A
- Medicare Part B
*This is for Wake County only.
- NC Medicaid*
*Not all Duke locations and doctors participate in this plan. Please contact the location you will be visiting to determine what is accepted.
- Optima Family Care (Medicaid HMO in VA)
- Optima Individual & Family (On & Off Exchange Plans)
- Optima Plus (PPO)
- Optima Vantage (HMO)
- TRICARE Extra*
- TRICARE for Life*
- TRICARE Prime*
- TRICARE Prime Remote*
- TRICARE Standard*
*Duke Primary Care does not participate with the plan.
- AARP Medicare Complete (HMO, PPO)
- AARP Medicare Complete Essential (HMO)
- All Savers Alternate Funding
- All Savers Fully Insured
- State Employee Health Plan (for retirees)
- United Healthcare (HMO, PPO, POS)
- United Healthcare Charter/Charter Balance/Charter Plus
- United Healthcare Choice/Choice Plus
- United Healthcare Core/Core Essential
- United Healthcare Navigate/Navigate Plus/Navigate Balanced
- United Healthcare of the River Valley
- United Healthcare Option PPO
- United Healthcare Options PPO with Harvard Pilgrim
- United Healthcare Passport Connect Choice/Choice Plus
- United Healthcare Passport Connect Options PPO
- United Healthcare Select/Select Plus
- United Medical Resources (UMR)
Please check your filter options and try again.
Preparing For Your Visit
Free parking is available for patients in designated areas on the 4th floor of the parking structure. These parking spaces are marked as Visitor/Patient Parking. Parking is not permitted in non-designated areas and towing is enforced. The parking deck is behind the Pavilion East building, accessible via Downing Street.