Our doctors use many resources to diagnose the cause of your stomach disorder.
- If you suffer from stomach pain, you may have stomach ulcers. Often referred to as peptic ulcers, these sores form in the stomach lining and can result in burning abdominal pain. We have extensive experience treating peptic ulcers.
- We also work closely with people who have persistent daily indigestion that has proven difficult to resolve.
- Our surgeons use minimally invasive procedures to repair routine and complex hernias that can occur in the upper part of your stomach.
- More complex conditions -- such as partial stomach paralysis, in which food remains in the stomach longer than normal -- benefit from our years of training in our specialty.
- If stomach cancer is identified, we refer you to Duke specialists, who use sophisticated diagnostic imaging to confirm your diagnosis and start your treatment promptly.
Our use of advanced diagnostic imaging and our experience treating the full range of stomach disorders ensures you get prompt relief. We do everything we can to reduce or eliminate your discomfort as quickly as possible.