Duke Benign Gynecology at North Duke Street
Schedule an appointment at our gynecology clinic in Durham for an annual women’s health exam, to discuss family planning or contraception needs, or for cervical, vulvar or vaginal screenings. Our gynecologists diagnose, treat and provide care for women of all ages.
|8:00 am - 5:00 pm||8:00 am - 5:00 pm||8:00 am - 5:00 pm||8:00 am - 5:00 pm||8:00 am - 5:00 pm||Closed||Closed|
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
If you are a new or established patient, our Durham-based gynecologists offer general women’s health and gynecology services for women of all ages – from adolescence to menopause.
Annual Women’s Health Exams and Pap Smears
At Duke Benign Gynecology at North Duke Street, we know every woman is different, and so are your unique health needs. When you schedule your annual women’s health exam you can expect to receive a breast exam, pelvic exam and Pap smear test. In addition, your gynecologist will work with you to develop a personalized plan that promotes and preserves the health and function of your reproductive system.
Birth Control Options and Contraception Counseling
Family planning and birth control counseling is an important part of women's health. If you want to start or change your birth control, our doctors can help find the option that is right for you. Options may include birth control pills, rings, patches, or long-acting, reversible contraception, including IUDs.
Colposcopy and Cervical Biopsies in Durham
If you have an abnormal Pap test or you’re at risk for cervical, vaginal or vulvar disease, your doctor may recommend that you have a colposcopy or cervical biopsy. These procedures are done at our clinic, and you can often receive your results the same day.
Duke Health contracts with most major health insurance carriers and transplant networks, including the ones listed below. Before scheduling your appointment, we strongly recommend you contact your insurance company to verify that the Duke Health location or provider you plan to visit is included in your network. Your insurance company will also be able to inform you of any copayments, co–insurance, or deductibles that will be your responsibility. If you proceed in scheduling an appointment and your health insurance benefits do not participate with Duke, your out of pocket liability may be higher. We will contact you regarding your coverage and patient liability. If you are uninsured, learn more about our financial assistance policy.
- Aetna Choice POS, Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice HMO, Aetna Open Access Elect Choice
- Aetna Health Network Only, Aetna Health Network Option
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Limited Benefit Insurance PPO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS
- Aetna Medicare HMO Open Access
- Aetna Medicare Plan (HMO, PPO)
- Aetna Medicare Premier Plan (PPO)
- Aetna Medicare Prime Plan (HMO, PPO)
- Aetna Open Access HMO, Open Access Aetna Select, Aetna Open Access Select, Aetna Open Access Managed Choice
- Aetna Open Choice PPO
- Aetna PCP Coordinated POS Plan
- Aetna Quality Point of Service (QPOS)
- Aetna Select HMO
- Aetna Traditional Choice
- Aetna Voluntary Indemnity Group Plan
- Aetna Whole Health – Duke WakeMed WKCC
- Ambetter of North Carolina
- Blue Advantage
- Blue Medicare (HMO, PPO)*
- Blue Options (123, PPO, HSA)
- Blue Select
- NC State Employees Health Plan
*Duke HomeCare and Hospice does not participate in the plan.
- Cigna Behavioral Health (*Limited eligibility)
- Cigna Choice Plus
- Cigna Open Access
- Cigna Open Access Plus
*Please call Cigna Behavioral Heath to see if the provider is participating in your plan.
- Duke Basic
- Duke Select
- Gateway Health Medicare Assured Prime (HMO)
- Gateway Health Medicare Assured Select (HMO)
- Humana Choice (PPO)
- Humana ChoiceCare (PPO)
- Humana Gold Choice (PFFS)
- Humana Gold Plus (HMO)
- First Medicare Direct*
- Medicare Part A
- Medicare Part B
*This is for Wake County only.
- NC Medicaid*
*Not all Duke locations and doctors participate in this plan. Please contact the location you will be visiting to determine what is accepted.
- Optima Family Care (Medicaid HMO in VA)
- Optima Individual & Family (On & Off Exchange Plans)
- Optima Plus (PPO)
- Optima Vantage (HMO)
- TRICARE Extra*
- TRICARE for Life*
- TRICARE Prime*
- TRICARE Prime Remote*
- TRICARE Standard*
*Duke Primary Care does not participate with the plan.
- AARP Medicare Complete (HMO, PPO)
- AARP Medicare Complete Essential (HMO)
- All Savers Alternate Funding
- All Savers Fully Insured
- State Employee Health Plan (for retirees)
- United Healthcare (HMO, PPO, POS)
- United Healthcare Charter/Charter Balance/Charter Plus
- United Healthcare Choice/Choice Plus
- United Healthcare Core/Core Essential
- United Healthcare Navigate/Navigate Plus/Navigate Balanced
- United Healthcare of the River Valley
- United Healthcare Option PPO
- United Healthcare Options PPO with Harvard Pilgrim
- United Healthcare Passport Connect Choice/Choice Plus
- United Healthcare Passport Connect Options PPO
- United Healthcare Select/Select Plus
- United Medical Resources (UMR)
Please check your filter options and try again.
Our office is located in the Duke Medical Plaza at North Duke Street, a specialty clinic building conveniently located in North Durham, about 1.5 miles north of the I-85/North Duke Street interchange.
Preparing For Your Visit
- Please bring your current medication list to your appointment.
- If you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, please call us 24 hours prior to your appointment time.
3116 North Duke Street
Durham, NC 27704-2102
Free, convenient parking is available.