Duke Adolescent and Young Adult Medicine at Brier Creek
The care of adolescents and young adults often involves complex medical and psychosocial issues that emerge during the transition to adulthood. Caring well for young people during this time has positive effects throughout life.
Duke Health recognizes the critical importance of this time of life and places a strong emphasis on meeting the unique health needs of adolescents and young adults. The Duke Adolescent and Young Adult Medicine Program provides high-quality medical care to adolescents and young adults 12-26 years of age by respecting each individual, supporting their physical and emotional growth, and empowering them through education and skill building to be thriving, independent adults.
Duke Health offers different types of primary care for every member of your family.
- Menstrual disorders, including polycystic ovary syndrome, abnormal uterine bleeding, and amenorrhea
- Contraception, including long-acting reversible contraception
- Male health issues
- Sexually transmitted infections
- Gender identity and sexual development issues
Intersection of Physical and Mental Health
- Eating disorders, including anorexia nervosa, ARFID and bulimia nervosa
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder
- Evaluation of organic causes of mood disorders
- Diagnosis and medical management of depression and anxiety
- Evaluation of substance use disorders
- Adolescents with chronic illnesses, including neurodevelopmental disabilities
General Adolescents and Young Adult Health Issues
Please check your filter options and try again.
Duke Health contracts with most major health insurance carriers and transplant networks, including the ones listed below. Before scheduling your appointment, we strongly recommend you contact your insurance company to verify that the Duke Health location or provider you plan to visit is included in your network. Your insurance company will also be able to inform you of any co-payments, co–insurances, or deductibles that will be your responsibility. If you proceed in scheduling an appointment and your health insurance benefits do not participate with Duke, your out of pocket liability may be higher. We will contact you regarding your coverage and patient liability. If you are uninsured, learn more about our financial assistance policy.
- Aetna Choice POS, Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice HMO, Aetna Open Access Elect Choice
- Aetna Health Network Only, Aetna Health Network Option
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Limited Benefit Insurance PPO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS
- Aetna Medicare HMO Open Access
- Aetna Medicare Plan (HMO, PPO)
- Aetna Medicare Premier Plan (PPO)
- Aetna Medicare Prime Plan (HMO, PPO)
- Aetna Open Access HMO, Open Access Aetna Select, Aetna Open Access Managed Choice
- Aetna Open Choice PPO
- Aetna PCP Coordinated POS Plan
- Aetna Quality Point of Service (QPOS)
- Aetna Select HMO
- Aetna Traditional Choice
- Aetna Voluntary Indemnity Group Plan
- Aetna Whole Health – Duke WakeMed WKCC
- Ambetter of North Carolina
- Blue Advantage
- Blue Medicare (HMO, PPO)*
- Blue Options (123, PPO, HSA)
- Blue Select
- NC State Employees Health Plan
*Duke HomeCare and Hospice does not participate in the plan.
- Cigna Choice Plus
- Cigna Behavioral Health (*Limited eligibility)
- Cigna Open Access
- Cigna Open Access Plus
*Please call Cigna Behavioral Heath to see if the provider is participating in your plan.
- Duke Basic
- Duke Select
- Experience Health Medicare Advantage (HMO) Plan
- Gateway Health Medicare Assured Prime (HMO)
- Gateway Health Medicare Assured Select (HMO)
- Humana Choice (PPO)
- Humana ChoiceCare (PPO)
- Humana Gold Choice (PFFS)
- Humana Gold Plus (HMO)
- First Medicare Direct*
- Medicare Part A
- Medicare Part B
*This is for Wake County only.
- NC Medicaid*
*Not all Duke locations and doctors participate in this plan. Please contact the location you will be visiting to determine what is accepted.
- Optima Family Care (Medicaid HMO in VA)*
- Optima Individual & Family (On & Off Exchange Plans)
- Optima Plus (PPO)
- Optima Vantage (HMO)
*Duke Primary Care, Duke University Hospital, Duke Regional Hospital, and Duke Raleigh Hospital are not participating with this plan.
- TRICARE Prime*
- TRICARE Prime Remote*
- TRICARE Select*
*Duke Primary Care is considered an authorized, non-network participating provider.
- AARP Medicare Complete (HMO, PPO)*
- AARP Medicare Complete Essential (HMO)*
- All Savers Alternate Funding
- All Savers Fully Insured
- State Employee Health Plan (for retirees)
- United Healthcare (HMO, PPO, POS)
- United Healthcare Charter/Charter Balance/Charter Plus
- United Healthcare Choice/Choice Plus
- United Healthcare Core/Core Essential
- United Healthcare Navigate/Navigate Plus/Navigate Balanced
- United Healthcare of the River Valley
- United Healthcare Option PPO
- United Healthcare Options PPO with Harvard Pilgrim
- United Healthcare Passport Connect Choice/Choice Plus
- United Healthcare Passport Connect Options PPO
- United Healthcare Select/Select Plus
- United Medical Resources (UMR)
*Duke HomeCare and Hospice does not participate with the plan.
Our clinic is located in Duke Medical Plaza Brier Creek, a short drive from the Brier Creek shopping center, about a mile east of I-540 and Lumley Road – convenient to Raleigh, Durham, Morrisville, and western Wake County.
Preparing For Your Visit
Free, convenient parking.