Duke Orthopaedics of Wake Forest
Schedule an appointment with our orthopedic surgeons in Wake Forest who specialize in back pain, hip pain, knee pain and sports injuries. Our goal is to evaluate your pain or injury, and provide you with the most effective treatment options so that you can lead a healthy, pain-free life.
|1:00 pm - 4:30 pm||8:30 am - 4:30 pm||1:00 pm - 4:30 pm||Closed||1:00 pm - 4:30 pm||Closed||Closed|
1:00 pm - 4:30 pm
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Spine and Back Pain Clinic in Wake Forest
If you are suffering from lower back pain, sciatic nerve pain or neck pain, our physiatrists and spine specialists will perform comprehensive spinal exams to find the cause of your pain and evaluate the most effective treatment options. Treatment options (available here or at other Duke Health locations) include:
- Non-surgical treatments for back and neck pain, including chiropractic services, physical therapy, epidural injections and nerve blocks.
- Back or spinal surgery if your pain does not improve with conservative treatments, or if you are diagnosed with a condition that requires surgery. Our surgeons offer a full range of spine surgery options, including disc replacement to relieve pain and swelling, and complex reconstructive surgeries for scoliosis.
Find Out If You Need Joint Replacement Surgery
If you suffer from shoulder pain, knee pain, or hip pain, our joint replacement experts can provide a full evaluation to see if you are a candidate for full or partial joint replacement surgery, including:
Sports Medicine Clinic For Children and Adults
You don’t have to be an athlete to schedule an appointment with our sports medicine doctors. Our orthopedic doctors evaluate and treat teens and adults with injuries including, joint sprains and strains, arthritis, bone fractures, tendonitis
Schedule an Appointment to See Our Doctors Today
If you need orthopedic care fast due to pain or injury, our doctors may see you the same day you call for an appointment. Learn more about obtaining an appointment within the next 24 hours.
Duke MyChart is our easy to use
- Computer-navigated joint replacement
- Foot pain, foot injuries, and foot surgery
- Fracture care
- Joint replacements, including hip replacement surgery, knee replacement surgery, and shoulder replacement surgery
- Knee pain, knee injury and arthroscopic knee surgery
- Shoulder pain, shoulder injury, and arthroscopic shoulder surgery and rotator cuff surgery
- Sports medicine
- Torn ACL treatment options, including ACL reconstruction
Duke Health contracts with most major health insurance carriers and transplant networks, including the ones listed below. Before scheduling your appointment, we strongly recommend you contact your insurance company to verify that the Duke Health location or provider you plan to visit is included in your network. Your insurance company will also be able to inform you of any co-payments, co–insurances, or deductibles that will be your responsibility. If you proceed in scheduling an appointment and your health insurance benefits do not participate with Duke, your out of pocket liability may be higher. We will contact you regarding your coverage and patient liability. If you are uninsured, learn more about our financial assistance policy.
- Aetna Choice POS, Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice HMO, Aetna Open Access Elect Choice
- Aetna Health Network Only, Aetna Health Network Option
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Limited Benefit Insurance PPO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS
- Aetna Medicare HMO Open Access
- Aetna Medicare Plan (HMO, PPO)
- Aetna Medicare Premier Plan (PPO)
- Aetna Medicare Prime Plan (HMO, PPO)
- Aetna Open Access HMO, Open Access Aetna Select, Aetna Open Access Select, Aetna Open Access Managed Choice
- Aetna Open Choice PPO
- Aetna PCP Coordinated POS Plan
- Aetna Quality Point of Service (QPOS)
- Aetna Select HMO
- Aetna Traditional Choice
- Aetna Voluntary Indemnity Group Plan
- Aetna Whole Health – Duke WakeMed WKCC
- Blue Advantage
- Blue Local with Duke Health and WakeMed
- Blue Medicare (HMO, PPO)*
- Blue Options (123, PPO, HSA)
- Blue Select
- NC State Employees Health Plan
- *Duke HomeCare and Hospice does not participate in the plan.
- Cigna Choice Plus
- Cigna Open Access
- Cigna Open Access Plus
- Coventry Advantra Freedom (PPO)
- Coventry Advantra Gold (HMO)
- Dual Option of AWH or PPO
- Duke Basic
- Duke Select
- Gateway Health Medicare Assured Prime (HMO)
- Gateway Health Medicare Assured Select (HMO)
- Humana Choice (PPO)
- Humana ChoiceCare (PPO)
- Humana Gold Choice (PFFS)
- Humana Gold Plus (HMO)
- First Medicare Direct*
- Medicare Part A
- Medicare Part B
- *This is for Wake County only.
- NC Medicaid*
- * Not all Duke locations and doctors participate in this plan. Please contact the location you will be visiting to determine what is accepted.
- Optima Family Care (Medicaid HMO in VA)
- Optima Individual & Family (On & Off Exchange Plans)
- Optima Plus (PPO)
- Optima Vantage (HMO)
- TRICARE Extra*
- TRICARE for Life*
- TRICARE Prime*
- TRICARE Prime Remote*
- TRICARE Standard*
- *Duke Primary Care does not participate with the plan.
- AARP Medicare Complete (HMO, PPO)*
- AARP Medicare Complete Essential (HMO)*
- All Savers Alternate Funding
- All Savers Fully Insured
- State Employee Health Plan (for retirees)
- United Healthcare (HMO, PPO, POS)
- United Healthcare Charter/Charter Balance/Charter Plus
- United Healthcare Choice/Choice Plus
- United Healthcare Core/Core Essential
- United Healthcare Navigate/Navigate Plus/Navigate Balanced
- United Healthcare of the River Valley
- United Healthcare Option PPO
- United Healthcare Options PPO with Harvard Pilgrim
- United Healthcare Passport Connect Choice/Choice Plus
- United Healthcare Passport Connect Options PPO
- United Healthcare Select/Select Plus
- United Medical Resources (UMR)
- * Not all Duke hospitals and doctors participate in these plans. Please contact your insurance provider to determine what your financial responsibility will be for the health care service you require.
Duke Orthopaedics of Wake Forest is conveniently located near the intersection of Capital Boulevard and Highway 98 – convenient to Wake Forest, Raleigh, Franklinton and northern Wake County. Our office is in the same suite as Duke Primary Care Wake Forest.
Preparing For Your Visit
If you are visiting our office for you’re the first time, we ask that you bring:
- A list of your current medications
- Copies of any recent medical records, X-rays, CT scans or MRI images regarding the issue at-hand
If you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, please call us 24 hours prior to your appointment time.
Free parking is available adjacent to our building.