A081801 (Lung Cancer) - Clinical Trial
What is the Purpose of this Study?
We are doing this study to see if combining immunotherapy with chemotherapy is a better treatment than chemotherapy alone for NSCLC.
Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer (NSCLC)
Who Can Participate in the Study?
Adults 18 and older who:
- Have lung cancer that has been removed while on Duke Cancer Study A151216
- Had their surgery between 33-77 days ago
- Are negative for the genetic markers EGRF and ALK
What is Involved?
If you choose to join this study, you will:
- Be randomly assigned (like a coin flip) to 1 of 3 treatment groups
-- One group will receive only chemotherapy for 3 months
-- Another group will receive chemotherapy for 3 months followed by immunotherapy for up to 1 year
-- A third group will receive chemotherapy and immunotherapy together for 3 months followed by immunotherapy for up to 10 months
- Get check-ups from your doctor every 3 months for the first 2 years after treatment
- Get check-ups from your doctor every 6 months for the 3rd, 4th, and 5th years after treatment
- Get a yearly check-up from your doctor for 5 more years once you hit the 5-year mark after treatment
Altogether, you will continue to see your doctor and study team for 10 years after treatment.