Juno: 017004 Phase 1/2 JCAR017 in RR CLL or SLL - Clinical Trial
What is the Purpose of this Study?
Who Can Participate in the Study?
- Have high risk R/R CLL or SLL who have failed at least 2 prior treatments, including a Bruton Kinase inhibitor (like Ibrutinib)
- Have standard-risk R/R CLL or SLL who have failed at least 3 prior treatments, including a BTK inhibitor like Ibrutinib
What is Involved?
If you choose to join this study, you will:
- Have a screening visit that will include questions, physical exam, ECG, blood work, CT and PET scans, and a bone marrow biopsy
- Have a procedure called leukapheresis which involves removing blood cells from a vein in your arm. These blood cells will be sent to a manufacturing site where they will be used to make the cells that will target your cancer cells
- Come to the clinic for 3 days to get chemotherapy to get your body ready for the infusion of manufactured cells
- Be admitted to the hospital and get the manufactured cells as an infusion into a vein in your arm the next day
- Stay in the hospital for 8 days and then you must come to the clinic for 30 days with a caregiver for tests including questions, physical exam, ECG, blood work, CT and PET scans
- Be in the study for 24-26 months with clinic visits at 2, 3, 6, 9, 12, 18, and 24 months