ECOG-ACRIN EA4151 for Mantle Cell Lymphoma - Clinical Trial
What is the Purpose of this Study?
Who Can Participate in the Study?
Adults from age 18 to 70 years old who have:
- mantle cell lymphoma confirmed by histology
- have achieved a radiologic complete or partial remission
- must not be pregnant or nursing
What is Involved?
If you agree to be in this study you will:
- Have CT (computed tomography) scan of the chest, abdomen, and pelvis
- Have PET (positron emission tomography) scan
- Have a bone marrow aspirate and biopsy
Be randomized (put into one of four groups by chance like a flip of a coin) and receive either:
Group 1 - complete the initial chemotherapy and receive an autotransplant
Group 2 - complete the initial chemotherapy and NOT receive autotransplant
Groups 3 & 4 - complete initial chemotherapy and undergo high-dose chemotherapy and autotransplant, followed by three years of maintenance rituximab.